Friday 5 June 2015

Fav Five Palettes


Today's FavFiveFriday post is all about palettes! This is not limited to eyeshadow palettes (as you will see as you read on) but they are the most popular of palettes!





Tarte Rainforest After Dark Palette
I love this palette because it is the only one that I have which is essentially a whole face. Well, I would probably still pack a foundation/tinted moisturiser, mascara and eyeliner (eyeliner optional actually) but everything else really is already in this palette!
I don't love the packaging... what is with the lizard and the purple shiny gem thing... However the product is GREAT.



Nars And God Created The Woman Eye Kit
I wanted the Naked Basics Palette so much and I justified it by saying that I may have the Urban Decay Naked 2 AND Naked 3, but the Naked Basics Palette was similar to the original Naked Palette which I do not own!!!!
Then, I saw this palette and I needed it. This is the tiniest amongst all the palettes in this post. I no longer lust after the Naked Basics Palette because this is perfect for travelling. It just is perfect. LOOK AT IT.



Burberry Pink Taupe No 07 Complete Eye Palette
I managed to get this at half price, so instead of £40, I picked it up for £20 and for 4 shades, it was £5 each which is not too bad. This is my least used palette, as it is just too precious to me but I amt trying to crack it out more! The main issue is that I love the embossing and do not want to ruin it!
The packaging is the most luxe as it feels weighted and has the burberry embossing on the case as well as the eyeshadows. The tiny brushes which are included actually seem usable (although I have not put them to the test)



Chanel Les 4 Ombres 232 Tissé Vénitien
I lusted after this for a while, writing a blog post about it and then picking it up finally! I got this for Anna and then decided to buy another one for myself as the greens are just too beautiful. There was a 10% deal going on at House of Fraser when I picked this up so I managed to get it at £36 instead of the usual £40 (OUCH!)
I have a post which includes the swatches (read it HERE) and a post which shows the eyeshadows in action (read it HERE)
Due to the fact that it is green, it is not as wearable (in a sense) as my nudey browney palettes but I love this palette for a dramatic night time look. Green is actually such a pretty colour!


Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Palette
I picked this up at £2.99 instead of £3.99 but for 6 shades it is an absolute bargain (read about the hau HERE). The shadows are a little powdery but as I almost always use an eye primer (unless I forget) or the Maybelline Colour Tattoos, these last the whole day. There are shades to highlight and shades to use as liner if you so choose, and even at £3.99 it really is a palette not to miss, and really the only drugstore option I have included.





I love the different palettes for different reasons, but one thing is for sure, I am unable to give up any of these. Thankfully powder lasts a long time. Do you have a favourite amongst these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS