Tuesday 5 May 2015

All About Lips #50

My 50th post for this series on the 5th of May (5th Month) of 2015.
Can we have any more FIVES?!

Anyway, this post has been a while coming as I have had a request (MY FIRST!!!!) since March.
I do apologise dearest Aneesa (and thank you for reading the blog) but today's blog post is dedicated to you!

Lip Care





So let's start at the beginning of the day.
After brushing my teeth, I put on lip balm. My lip balm of choice in the morning is always the Nuxe Reve De Miel because it is a matte lip balm, which means it will not interfere with my lip product of choice later.
I do choose to apply this lip balm straight after brushing my teeth because my lips are still slightly damp and the lip balm helps lock in the moisture at this stage.

If you wake up with lips which are quite chapped, one thing to do is to use your toothbrush after you brush your teeth (so that the bristles are softer because they're properly damp) and just go in circular motions GENTLY. Your skin, including your lips should be loved, not attacked.

If you prefer a scrub, Sugar polishes are very popular and if you are in the UK, Lush offers some yummy scents. At £5.95, I do not think they break the bank, especially by how long they last (I had my last one for more than 1 year, essentially December 2013-February 2015)
My favourite is Mint Julips (which is minty and has a chocolate smell to it as well), followed by Bubblegum which is really sweet (and smells like Lush Snowfairy) followed by Popcorn.
Now Popcorn actually is incredible but I'm too tempted to eat it so I do not ever buy this.
The one I actually owned was a Christmas edition - Santa Baby, which smelled of Cola.
Now because this is a sugar scrub, you can lick it off when you are done scrubbing.
However, I advise against this- 1. licking your lips dries them up. 2. you are essentially eating dead skin + extra sugar. Most of us already consume too much sugar in our diets, so really, it takes about 2 seconds to rinse it off or for an extra exfoliation, you can remove it with a flannel.
I am really lazy and just rinse it off. After this, I moisturise with my Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm.

I have run out of my Lush lip scrub and just created my own, which I may feature on an upcoming blogpost!


Now, if I was just staying at home or choosing not to wear a specific lip product, I either wear lip balm throughout the day, the current ones on rotation include Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil 
 

and By Terry Baume De Rose (a new addition) when I am at home;
and I have a Face Stockholm Lip Treatment (this has run out) Yves Rocher Nutri Nourishing Lip Balm with Almond Oil and Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm in my coat pocket to top up with while I am on the go.


If I do choose to wear a lip product, I sometimes pack it with me, or if it one which fades nicely, I just top up with a lip balm throughout the day. If my lips are not looking great, I will not pick a matte lipstick, but if I do pick something like the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lip colours, I will pack it with me.

Although the product lasts forever, I like to have any matte lip product (like Mac Ruby Woo) with me for a quick touch up as needed and matte lipsticks don't seem to fade as nicely as moisturising lipsticks.

If your lips are quite dry, I recommend going for a lip balm (tinted if you prefer) or lip gloss, which is usually good for hiding slight dryness. If your lips are REALLY dry, just layer on the lip balm and do not scrub too hard, I am sure your lips are sore as they are (I go in with the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream when I really need the extra dose)

At the end of the day when I am heading to bed, I will put some lip balm after I brush my teeth. Essentially, it is the exact same routine as the morning. I will exfoliate if I am bored/feel like doing it/feel like I need it. I do not have a set "once a week" or anything like that. My lip balm of choice is also the Nuxe Reve de Miel at night unless my lips are super sore (usually when I am ill) and that is when I go in with the big guns = Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream.



I am considering doing a DIY Lip Scrub post. Is anyone interested in reading yet another post on this?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS