Monday 20 April 2015

Shopping Haul

I always think there are too many shopping haul posts, or being a self professed shopaholic is that I cannot help myself.

I have set a budget and been a lot better at things and so on, but here goes!

ASOS haul





Eyeko Skinny Brush
I have tried this about 4 years ago but I did not have a blog back then and I have no idea how I felt about the mascara. I do remember the little shield guards which I thought was a brilliant idea. The brush is certainly interesting and filled with little bristles all around. I hope you can see it on the close up picture of the brush here,

It definitely lengthens and is super defining.

Eyeko Black Magic Mascara
I also picked up this, which Nina from Eyeko (the founder) said was the bestseller in the range. I surprisingly like the brush and cannot really decide which brush I prefer. This is £18 and the Skinny Brush Mascara is £15 and has won multiple awards.
I think I will do a comparison review when I have made up my mind.
The only thing I will say now is that I struggle to get the mascara off. I feel that I need to really rub even with waterproof eye makeup remover, oil and definitely micellar water.
Does anyone have any recommendation please?

Ciate White Chocolate Nail Polish Remover
In my excitement, I unwrapped this, opened it up and took a big sniff. DO NOT DO THAT. I did not get any whiff of white chocolate as I was so overwhelmed by nail polish remover. It might have made me slightly high for a minute, I have no idea.
I have not started using this quite yet, but I have never tried a pot one and I am quite excited to give this a go!
I also love how dinky it is and I know when this dries out, I will try and pour some nail polish remover and see if I can keep going with it!

Seche Vite Top Coat
I tried to use up my Nails Inc Top Coat before repurchasing but as I mentioned, ASOS was doing a 20% for students instead of the usual 10% so I have picked this up. I have not started using it as I am really trying to finish the other one up, but Seche Vite will pretty much be the only top coat I purchase from now on. Bold Statement, I know.





FeelUnique Haul



By Terry Baume De Rose

I finally caved and decided to pick this up from Feel Unique because there was a discount and Feel Unique was giving a free sample of the By Terry powder, so I thought it was a good time to get it. This feels really luxurious in its frosted glass jar and even the lid is pretty!
The plastic bit I tried to keep but have since binned! (It was truly getting to me) and I will do a standalone post on this balm as the price tag justifies it!


By Terry Hyaluronic Powder
This is the tiny sample that was sent. I must say I was surprised at how small it was, and I have no idea how I will be able to test it out properly, but once I have learnt to use loose powder properly without too much wastage (with the next item I purchased) I will try this out. I am loving the dinky packaging and if I get quite a lot of use out of it, I will be trying to refilling it to bring when I am travelling!

Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder
I bought this because I really wanted a loose powder to try out a new technique I had learnt from Makeup Game On Point to set concealer so I thought I would give this a go as it had pretty good reviews overall and was not something that was going to break the bank in case I did not like loose powder. Especially since I now have a gazillion powders. I have tried it once so far and like it so far.



Boots Haul


 Boots Smooth Care Bikini & Underarm Hair Removal Cream
I am trying this out after reading about how this is an alternative to shaving and waxing the bikini area. I will be patch testing but I do hope that it works I patch tested this, it was alright and it does work!
I did have to do it over 3 times (48 hours between each application) because I was worried about over overdoing it.


Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo
 For some reason the product looks different laid down than when it is stood up which makes me think there is a tint on the packaging but I cannot confirm it. I decided to pick this up after reading Caroline Hiron's post  about how it worked for her son. I am hoping this helps and if it does it may be the cheapest alternative I have. I also hope it will CURE my scalp.
Please excuse the background - I do have Sammi from Beauty Crush on!


I also saw this at the Clinique Stand (I was at the Westfield Stratford branch) and was delighted to be able to get shade matched properly.
 Although the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions BB Cream SPF 40 looks super dark (light medium) looks SO DARK, it blends out beautifully. I am actually pretty in between Light and Light Medium but because Light suited Really Ree and is just a tad too fair on me, I went with Light Medium as I know I am at my all time fairest at the moment.
It comes in a little dropper style packaging and is really small. You also have to shake the product up really well before you apply it!
Left : primer on
Right : BB cream on left side of face

Left : BB cream all over my face
Right : I finished up with the rest of my make up

 How the base looked while I was on the go (really good!)
Left : Bare face (moisturiser on)
Right : BB cream on left side of face

Left : BB cream on my whole face (hair covering neck)
Right : BB cream on my whole face but it looks quite pink compared to my neck

 This is just to show you that my skin looks really good with the BB cream but when my neck is not hidden by my hair, the BB cream is obviously pink compared to my super yellow neck.

Again, you can see it here (the usual setting of home) that the neck and the face is not an exact match!
 The jury is still out on this one.
I did realise that it flashes back because of the SPF so something to take note of!




The Body Shop Haul
I picked up quite a lot from the Fuji Green Tea collection, having been eye-ing it for about 2 months, yes I started looking for it since I read a blog post about it early in March! I was also given the Vitamin E Hand & Nail Treatment because I spent over £20 (I did a combined shop with my cousin and I gave her the Vitamin E BB Cream that we were also gifted)
I don't have a bath tub so I picked up the body wash and body sorbet for the warmer weather. I also picked up the exfoliating soap as it looks interesting!

I have been wanting to try a body sorbet but prior to this the only scents were really fruity and the Moringa was too floral for me so I am really glad that The Body Shop came up with this Fuji Green Tea scent.
 The product (I squeezed too much out by accident) and it just sinked in really quickly and does not feel greasy at all. It would be really nice on sunburnt skin (but please use SPF and don't get sunburnt).





This is my haul so far and I have been on a makeup spending ban since these hauls...

Let's see it I did manage to keep up with this ban!
I have another boots haul for you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS