Saturday 21 March 2015

Massive Boots Haul

I picked up so many things because I wanted to get the extra 500 points when I spend £50 that I ended up spending way more than that, and there were items which I set out to buy which were unavailable in store, namely the Salon Science Hydrasorb Intensive Masque AquaCacteen 150ml and the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer 116ml

However, I did manage to pick up a whole load of other items.


HAIRCARE
John Frieda had a few new items and I for one, could not resist.

John Frieda Kelp Help Deep Conditioning Masque
This really is targeted at Blondes as it even says on the packaging BEACHblonde, but I figured that blondes probably need more help than most (if the hair is bleached/sun bleached) so this should be packed full of hydration!
Really, I picked it up because it looked interesting and smelled really minty!

John Frieda FrizzEase Air-Dry Waves Styling Foam
I bought this for the bf's place as he does not own a hairdryer and I am not willing to carry mine over every time, so this will be ideal as all I need to do is apply it and air dry my hair!

John Frieda Daily Miracle Leave-In Conditioner
This is not a new release but I thought I would try it out and see what I think about it. It has heat protectant as well as promises to help hair resist breakage and feel silky smooth!

Salon Science Hydrasoothe Cooling Spray
The Boots at Picadilly Circus now no longer stocks Salon Science, which was as I stated at the beginning, why I made the trip! 
Instead there were a few items from Salon Science at the sale section and I picked up the Salon Science Hydrasoothe Cooling Spray for £4.20 instead of the RRP of £14. The cap is missing and goodness knows what has happened to this bottle, but as it is a spray and not a cream which anyone can dip their hands into, I was less concerned and thought this would be a good way to try out the product. So far, I am liking this and it does soothe and calm my scalp as promised!



BODYCARE
Bionsen Japanese Spa Minerals Roll On Deodorant Dermoprotective 50ml was £1.88 instead of the usual £2.35 as I had a 20% voucher for female deodorants. I really like this one as it is not an anti-perspirant, just a deodorant and the scent is very fresh. I also prefer Roll-On as compared to sprays and bought this instead of the Solid Stick because the Roll-On is cheaper.



SKINCARE

Good Things Manuka Honey Radiance Face Mask
This contains clay and works to remove impurities as well as brighten. The smell is not great but so far it feels nice on the back of my hand and I'll be reporting back on this.

Good Things  Deep Clean Blackhead Exfoliator 
This on the other hand, smells incredible. I initially thought this was a weekly exfoliator but it actually says on the back of the packaging that this is to be used daily, morning and evenings. I probably will use it as and when I like, rather than everyday but will report back on this as well.

Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water
I have been wanting to try this for a while and after seeing a few reviews that it is just as good as Bioderma, I caved. At first use, I must say it is not as effective as Bioderma. I do prefer this over Garnier and L'oreal, but I will need to try it a little more before  I write a proper review on this, to compare it with all the other Micellar waters I have tried!

Boots Botanics Bamboo Face Cloth
I have one of this and it is incredibly soft and I really enjoy using it. However at £3 I really struggle to justify the purchase but I had a 25% off Botanics and thought I would get another one.

Gilette Fusion ProGlide Flexball
Now before you start having funny thoughts, I bought this for the bf. Although I advocate using men's razors for shaving legs anyway (cheaper and possibly better!), this was on 1/2 price introductory offer and I admit I was sucked into the advertisement I had watched. There is one which is the "Power" version which requires a battery but as I have no idea what this all means, I thought I would get the less fussy version. This was £6 instead of the RRP £12.



MAKEUP
I picked up 3 L'oreal items as they were on 3 for 2. I really wanted to try the L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper and picked up the shade Medium/Dark.

So far, it looks to be a good dupe for the Benefit Gimme Brow as many have suggested!
I then finally picked up 2 of the Colour Riche eyeshadow, 502 Quartz Fume which is a Lumiere finish and 200 Over the Taupe which is a Nude.
So far, I am prefering 502 Quartz Fume as 200 Over the Taupe is actually quite pinky on my eyelids.
I understand the hype about them as at £5.49 each, they are really good quality eyeshadows at first impression!



Out of excitement I also swatched the Collection palette and the pigmentation looks promising although there was a little bit of fall out. (very slight, not like the Hourglass palettes)
I picked it up because it was £2.99 (usually £3.99) which meant that I really was paying 50p for each shade, BARGAIN. I will be doing an in depth review of this when I have used it sufficiently.
So far, I am liking it.
There are a few reviews of this palette and you can read them here : Fleur, Amelia, Ree


I hope you do not go to add all the items I have hauled as I can see the amount I have spent and I am not proud of it. I did have quite a lot of savings with all the different offers and vouchers I used, so be sure to download the Boots App and make sure you keep your eyes peeled for offers!


This is everything I bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS