Friday 27 February 2015

February Favourites

I have quite a lot of rediscoveries this month and a few newbies. Most are rediscoveries as I have been really trying to finish up some products. Some of them are well past the technical "use by" date so I may have to throw them out as soon as they start smelling a little funny.


John Freida Frizz-ease Dream Curls Mousse
I recently discovered mousse and although I am not sure if it really gives me more volume (I use a very small amount), it gives me heat protection and a little bit of hold. I really like this one I am currently using.


Caudalie Organic Grape Water
A classic from me. Need I say more?


The Body Shop Bouncy Sleeping Mask
Ever since buying this, I have been really enamoured with it and have to regularly remind myself to use a regular night cream when I really would just rather use this!


Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
I love this for winter months as it feels like an additional layer of moisture without being too heavy. I sometimes mix it with the Clarins Beauty Flash Bam or Benefit "that gal" for a little bit of an extra something.


Mac Face & Body Foundation
I always stray, and I always come back. I like how light coverage this is, it really looks like I am not wearing foundation at all. I do need to powder down as it feels slightly tacky, but I still love this. I wear the colour C2 all year round.



Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot
I have hit pan on this and this month, I have been loving this powder. I have a few but this one almost out performs the rest (Dior, Chanel, Hourglass) in versatility and just how easy it is.



Benefit Rockateur
I have refallen for this blush because the slightly burnt brown pink is so easy to use, you can even contour with it slightly although I do not have the technique to try this. I think this is a very easy, wearable shade for everyday and although when spring kicks in I will be going for brighter, pinker shades, I am really loving this at the moment.



Shu Uemura Hard 9 Pen in Seal Brown
Part of my go-to set for brows, I even just secure them together now and this is the power duo. This pencil also lasts forever, I've had it since May time raved about it quite a lot, and it looks like I can use it till Summer 2017.


Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Dark
I love this and I will forever repurchase until I find something cheaper that works exactly like this.


Shu Uemura Eyelash curlers
A bit of an everyday worker which I have managed not to feature as much as I ought to, eyelash curlers are essential in my everyday routine and this is my go-to pair, so much so that I have two pairs on rotation.


This Works Sleep Spray + Sleep Balm
I don't really have trouble falling asleep, but I love the scent of this and it is quite therapeutic to massage the balm to your toes (I was told this is most effective....), cuticles, back of ears, neck and sometimes a little on the base of my neck.




Here I have included two pictures, picture on the left I am wearing all my makeup favourites :
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer + Mac Face & Body Foundation + Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot + Benefit Rockateur + Shu Uemura Hard 9 Pen in Seal Brown + Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Dark + Shu Uemura Eyelash curlers

Picture on the right I have gone in with Givenchy Phenomen'eyes Mascara, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light to highlight subtly and a bit of Laura Mercier eyeshadow all over the lids, as well as my Shu Uemura caligraphy pen for a kitten flick. That's my face done.
No Bronze/Countouring today, I'm going quite natural.



What are your favourites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS