Sunday 15 February 2015

Clarins Instant Concealer vs Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

Make up show downs.

High-end vs drugstore, and which comes out the winner?



First off, here they are swatched on the back of my hand
The top two (first is blended out) is Clarins
The bottom two (last is blended out) is Maybelline

As you can see, there is significantly more product from the Clarins one even though I squeezed out the tiniest bit.

Here, I put the Clarins under my right eye (which is on the left in the picture) and Maybelline on my left eye (right of picture)
 As you can see from the picture, there is significantly more product under one eye as I am unable to use less but I only used a tiny bit thanks to the brush applicator from the Maybelline concealer.


You might be able to tell, when blended out, they look the same and have the same coverage!

Maybelline feels creamier whereas Clarins is more liquid, making it easier to blend.


Here I am with my base done

And here I am with my full face of make up!

I do not think there is a difference when you blend the two out.
I need a brush with the Clarins because I like to do a "V" under my eyes and without a brush it is a bit difficult to be precise.


I bought these for :
Clarins - £18.45 (15ml)
Maybelline - £5 (1.5ml)

I got the information about the volume of Maybelline's concealer HERE because it is pretty impossible to find from the packaging or the website (I might be blind....)

Although Maybelline is cheaper, if you work it out, Clarins is cheaper per ml and you get a lot more product for what you pay. Sometimes drugstore does not mean it will be cheaper. The proof is in the pudding.


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS