Saturday 14 February 2015

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara Review - Why it's great but I don't love it

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY



So here is the ever raved about mascara and as printed, there are quite a few claims, including:
97% of people saying it visibly lifts lashes
87% of people saying it gives long lasting curl
94% of people saying their eyes look more wide open



 That is quite a lot of claims, but I must say, this mascara delivers!


The one I have is a little sample size which came with Elle Magazine.


Here is my eye without any make up


 Here it is with the Benefit mascara
Did it visibly lift my lashes? YES
Did it give a long lasting curl? YES
Did it make my eyes look more wide open? YES

This formula is quite dry and the brush grips on to the lashes as you comb it through to encourage the life of the lashes.


So why do I not like it?

First of all, I get it all over my eyelids while I am trying to encourage my lashes to curl. ALL OVER.
I then have to clean up with 2 cotton buds.. Double ended of both because more product ends up on my lids than my actual lashes.
That, I have thought, might be my problem and issue, but the second problem is....
It smudges at the end of the day.  I have worn this on 3 occasions and on my final try, I tried it without any eyeliner and nothing else.
Cue panda eyes at the end of the day.

This is why this mascara, with all its promises, does not hold a place in my heart.
I know many bloggers and youtubers who love this mascara, how has it fared for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS