Wednesday 28 January 2015

Empties #10

How time flies!

This is my 10th instalment of doing empties post!

I do really like these because I get to do a proper review of the products and I decide whether to buy them again or not.

If I throw a product out before it is empty, it also means I really hate it.


MAKEUP

L'oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim
I really like this for a drugstore liner. Nothing will replace my Shu Uemura liner, but this is my go-to when I forget my liner, or the one I leave at my boyfriend's place in case I forget my Shu Uemura eyeliner. 
It has dried out but it is not too expensive to replace and this is my favourite.




Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara Black

I started off not seeing the fuss about this and although it is a sample, the full size is really expensive. However, as it dried out slightly, I realise how much I love this mascara. It does not clump and is more lengthening than volumising, despite the big brush. I love this, but I will not be purchasing the big one because I do not like the rose scent and it is simply over my price budget for a mascara.




 HAIRCARE

Superdrug Coconut Oil
This is fragranced and being coconut oil, it actually came more like a solid form because of the cold weather.
I am not a massive fan of the fragrance, but will probably get more coconut oil for my hair. I tend to massage this all over my hair then shampoo it all.
I will not be repurchasing this exact one from Superdrug.


Klorane Shampoo with Mango Butter
I have had this for a long time and it just does not work for me. My hair itches after I wash with this, but I do have very sensitive scalp. I prefer the conditioner but I will not be repurchasing either of them. I do however, highly recommend the Oatmilk Dry Shampoo.



SKINCARE

Boots Moisturising Cleansing Wipes
I love this, I use it to take my eye make up off so that I do not use loads of cotton pads. I tend to buy this moisturising one for dry skin or the blue packet for sensitive skin. I like both and usually get them when they are 3 for £3. I already have quite a few back ups.


Ren ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser 
 I love this, this is the second empty bottle and I have a third going on.
Here, I even got my boyfriend to hack it open and tried to get more out. I was convinced it had loads left in it, but really there was only one more use, so let's not all be trying to hack the bottle open and cut ourselves doing it. Be careful!


Clinique Moisture Surge Intense (sample)
I received this in some goodybag (no idea) and used it all up. I actually used it as a night cream after oil and I like it. I can use it in the day time as well as it does not feel greasy. In fact it feels quite light but I prefer a moisturiser with SPF in the daytime. I do think that even though it says Intense, that it will not be enough for a dry or dehydrated skin.


Caudalie Polyphenol SPF20 Anti-Wrinkle Protect Fluid
This is down to possibly the last use so I thought to include it. I like that it smells slightly citrusy and it is very liquidy in texture. I am planning to purchase a proper size of this since I bought a trial size initially just in case I did not like it. Not a problem here!


Caudalie Polyphenol Anti-Wrinkle Defense Serum
I love this, I have finished a small one of this, and this is my proper full size empty. I am planning to purchase another bottle as well as I really like it and this tends to be a day serum for me. I am waiting for some sort of discount before I buy it.


Clinique Intense Surge Overnight Mask (sample)
This dinky little sample is all used up, I like to use it when I am travelling such as long-haul flights and all that. I also used it the first few days of January because my skin was feeling slightly stressed.
This is done now. I feel like as an overnight leave on mask, it is very nice, but it felt more like an intense night cream, but not intense enough to be a mask if that makes sense. I do not think I will purchase.


Clarins Skin-Smoothing Eye Mask (sample)
Although this says to wipe off the excess after 5-10 minutes, I always forget and I just do whatever after smearing this on. I do not really see the results as I do not really have under eye area issue. I will not be purchasing the full size.


Goldfaden MD Doctor's Scrub (sample)
I got this off Bob and initially I did not like it, but now that I have finished the whole thing up, I have decided that I really like this. In fact, I like it so much that I think it is my favourite physical exfoliator for my face. I will probably purchase the full size but I need to finish my Origins exfoliator first.
Edit : I went to have a look at the price and at £65 (I do not care what size it comes in for that price) I am unable to afford this scrub, so that is the end of that story. The hunt continues.
If you can afford it, I will recommend trying it first as it is not for everyone but I like it.


Rodial Bee Venom Moisturiser (sample)
 I am pretty sure I have a sachet of this somewhere, but this smells really nice and sinks in easily and absorbs quickly. I do like this, and I use it at night on top of my serum and oil, but I think it is light enough to be a day moisturiser (probably more appropriate as a day cream really) and I like something thicker for night. However I also prefer SPF in my day moisturiser so I have a feeling that I will not be purchasing this.
Nice, luxurious, not really something I think I will splurge on.


Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-Ageing Serum
This is intense and while it is very nice to use (smooth and sinks in quickly), I will not be purchasing as I find it to be targeting.. another age group. It costs a lot and just is not something I need at the moment.



 BODYCARE

NUXE Fondant Shower Gel
This is luxe. I will not be repurchasing because I have loads of shower gels and I tend to just use regular, cheap ones. I do highly recommend it!


Malin + Goetz Rum Body Wash (sample)
This smells really good and manly. The smell does not linger, but when you use it initially it just smells delicious. I am keeping the bottle for travel but will not be purchasing the full size bottle. Expensive shower gels are a treat!



MISCELLANEOUS

Contact Lens Solution
 
I will not be featuring any more contact lens solution. I do not have a preference and I have finished this up.


Darlie Toothpaste
I included a new Darlie just to show you how my mum has attacked my empty one. We tend to cut it then use it up as you can get at least another week's worth when you cut a toothpaste open! I like this, it is a generic toothpaste which is nice.

2 comments:

  1. Love the post, that eyeliner looks amazing! x

    Eva // http://evasstudio.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found you on bloglovin and followed! Feel free to follow this blog for more updates and empties post.
      PS that is my favourite drugstore eyeliner
      PPS sorry this reply is so late!

      Delete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS