Wednesday 29 October 2014

October Empties

Time for October Empties!

I feel that empties posts are really long, especially now that I am on a "make up ban"
The ban is going badly, as you can imagine, but I really have cut down on the hauls compared to earlier months, and I am definitely going to try and not shop in November because the Christmas sales will be starting soon and in December I do get a lot of double points and all because it is my birthday month!

Anyway, enough rambling, here is a sneak peek at SOME of the empties today!


HAIRCARE

Astelance Moisturising Mud Mask
I bought this in the smaller 4oz bottle offered by Cult Beauty and at £17 it is not too bad.
I really like this product. It is runnier in texture than I would have imagined but I like to slather it on my scalp and smooth the remainder on my hair but I tend to use another hair mask or conditioner for my actual hair as I like to save this for my scalp.
If I repurchase (not any time soon sadly) I will be going for the 8oz tube which is £30.





James Brown Intensive Moisture Mask
I used to really love this and then moved on to other products and forgot about it, until I saw two bottles for £1.50 each, and 150ml bottles.
I have since finished both, one over the summer at home, and one just recently.
I do really like this and it usually retails around £8.16 but is available at Boot's 3 for 2 offers.





Schwarzkopf Essensity Moisture Shampoo
I finished the conditioner before I finished this, but this is actually a nice shampoo, does not over foam or dry out my hair.
My mum complained that it made her hair itchy... so.....
I did buy it at TK Maxx on a massive discount. It was nice, but I will not be hunting it down.





Toni&Guy Cleanse Dry Shampoo
This is actually my favourite dry shampoo so far.
I have tried a few and while I like the Dove Dry Shampoo, this smells cleaner and I really like this.
I am currently trying others out and I have one which I like and one which I dislike and a few which I would like to try... but I believe I will be repurchasing this as soon as I have made my rounds.


Klorane Oat Milk Dry Shampoo
This might just be my all time favourite dry shampoo.
I do regret buying the small travel size from the Escentual 25% off sale, and cannot quite justify another haul and refuse to pay for delivery......
So I guess I will wait for a bit before getting this again, and instead I am going to try another dry shampoo.... which will be the COLAB dry shampoo that I have just bought!

PS :  the dry shampoo I now dislike after trying the Klorane and reusing the Toni&Guy is the Aussie Aussome Volume Dry Shampoo; my favourites = Klorane, then Toni&Guy!



SKINCARE

Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk
I do not think this product is for me...
Although it is alright when I use my exfoliating toner, I always feel a little gross and as if I have not washed my face properly after I rinse it off. Only at the toner stage does my face feel normal again.... It smells nice, like Caudalie products, but I do not think cleansing milks are my favourite way of taking make up off or cleansing my face in general.
I will not repurchase this. 





The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter
I really like this and I have actually gone through quite a few pots.
Most of the time, I get away at Airport security with it being a "solid" but I always take one which is at least half done, in case they threaten to throw it away since it will not fit into my liquids bag (which is bursting)
I like this, and I like the scent and how rich it is.
I may not repurchase this anytime soon but I do really like this and will recommend it as a make up remover.





Clearasil Superfruits Refreshing Pads
I bought this after watching a video where Caroline Hirons basically included in her drugstore recommendation.
I do like this and initially I used it on days when I felt a bit spotty or when I could feel a pimple coming through, but towards the end, I just used it whenever.
I prefer other exfoliating toners, but I have nothing against this and will pick it up if I am out of exfoliating toners.





Nuxe Youth and Radiance Revealing Care
This was surprisingly nice and as my first Nuxe product (other than Reve de Miel), I really enjoyed using this.
I cannot actually find this online, because I tried looking it up for an idea on price, but I liked the smell and texture of this.
I used it both day and night but mainly at night because if I am wearing serums and SPF, moisturiser is sometimes a layer too much for me.





WaterWipes Sensitive Make-Up Removal
These waterwipes I picked up from Ocado and I was really excited because of their claims on the packet.
I included the picture of the back to illustrate my point.
However, they really were not very impressive and except with micellar water, make up would not come off completely.
I found them a little dry for my liking as well.
I will not repurchase.





Acid Toner
This I received from Anna in a care pack and it is a pharmacy mixture of specific acids such as salicylic.
I have managed to destroy the paper with all the acids original (Latin?) names by spilling a bit of this product.
It really helped with my Bacne, which is in complete control at the moment, save for some pigmentation.
If my back acne returns, I may ask for help from Anna but for now, life is good.




BODYCARE

L'occitane Almond Shower Oil
I finally finished this up and after taking this photo, I refilled it.
Basically I bought a bottle of this online and it came with a 500ml refill packet so I have another 2 bottles to go through.
I LOVE THIS (even though I may sound otherwise inclined) but it is expensive, and I either use it on special occasions or when my skin feels a little dry, or when I am shaving my legs (main use).
This is beautiful as a shaving gel/foam thing, honestly.





Imperial Leather SkinKind Hydrating skin conditioning body wash
I bought the wrong one, I really love the Japanese Spa version and I am not a big fan of the scent of this.
However, imperial leather is cheap and cheerful in general.
I will repurchase the Japanese Spa (which I have finished about 5 bottles now)




Burt's Bees Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion
I did not actually like this because of the smell but it is incredibly moisturising and nourishing (as the name suggests) but I was trying to finish it up quickly.
It feels more moisturising than a lot of my TheBodyShop body butters, but I prefer those over this, because of 1. scent 2. I just do not need so much moisturising!
I know it sounds stupid, but because I moisturise daily, I do not really need kickass moisturisers.





Soap&Glory Clean On Me Body Wash
I love this, I have used up at least 2 bottles and I will repurchase at some point but for now, I am happily trying other shower creams.





MAKE UP

Maybelline Rocket Volume (waterproof) mascara 
This was not actually dry yet but I really do not like the brush.. and I did not like that this was waterproof.
I love the L'oreal Telescopic waterproof mascara, I use that before normal mascara if I know I have a long day ahead of me, but this maybelline one... I just did not like.





YSL Babydoll Mascara
This used to be my HG mascara. I still love it very much, but I really find it hard to justify buying a mascara which is basically £25, which dries really quickly.
If it just does not dry as quickly, I would probably repurchase this forever.
However, I am still in search of my one true mascara, and am currently using a combination of mascaras to get what I want.
I still have 1 of this when I got it for £18 (yes I know right), and I am saving it to use for my birthday and the month of December because I am pretty sure it will dry out before January!





Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara
I remember using this and not liking it because of the expectation the name gave! I expected dramatic eyelashes because it was called faux cils but instead it was really natural.
I have recently started using it again and realise how beautiful it really is, fanning the eyelashes out fully and lengthening them with the slightest bit of volume.
I personally prefer length over volume so I really like this.
This is rose scented, which I actually do not like, and with that price tag, I do not think I will be repurchasing this.





L'oreal Super Liner liquid eyeliner
This eyeliner, is really nice. It gives off quite a nice intense black, but as an other liquid eyeliner, it dries out quite quickly.
However, most eyeliners do that (cough eyeko cough) so this is a good alternative.
I will probably repurchase for holidays, but other than that, I am really happy with my Shu Uemura Calligraphy pen, and have no plans on replacing that eyeliner.





Hourglass Mineral Vail Primer
I have been violently shaking this out, scraping the sides and everything.
I think I finally have to say this is done and dusted, and it breaks my heart to have to use my new one.
This is the problem when you fall in love with something so expensive. 




OTHERS

Always Dailies Normal Pantyliners
Bob and I split the double pack when we bought it at Costco and while it was cheaper than usual, I was not a massive fan.
I like my liners to be individually wrapped so that I can pop a few in my bag.
These are not, and they are scented (something else which I do not like)
I will not be repurchasing these.





Dr Bronner Pure Castille Soap - Rose
So this was the second Dr Bronner which I had bought, and I must say I prefer the Green Tea.
I do like this, but I prefer the smell of the Green Tea.
I do like to use this to wash my make up brushes and as a handwash.
I will be trying the peppermint one but I do recommend this in general.



Johnson's Baby Everyday Care Wipes
 I like using wipes to remove my make up, I know, shoot me.
In my defence, I use a proper make up remover, either bioderma on the wipes, or I use a cleansing balm/oil, then use the wipe to take it off!
I do not like these so I will not repurchase.



Carex Complete Original Handwash
This is the blue one, because that is how people probably identify it.
I really like this but have bought a Palmolive kitchen handwash and let's face it, these last absolutely ages. I would recommend this as a nice, cheap handwash which does what it says!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS