Friday 12 September 2014

Make Up Forever Face & Body


You're most likely more familiar with the very well talked about MAC Face & Body and how many people rave about it - Check Christabel's post here. But have you heard/read about the MUFE Face & Body? This is my go to Holy Grail product for  'I woke up like this' face.

When I was on holiday in Singapore over Christmas 2013, I decided to pop in Sephora and the MUFE Makeup Artist, Amanda, in ION was there to assist me. She matched my skin to shade Alabaster Beige (32) which on the Sephora site says it is suitable for Light skin with yellow undertones. She applied it on my skin with a flat foundation brush and immediately I fell in love it. 

Alabaster Beige 32 
My hand is tanner than my face!
Smashbox Foundation Brush #13
£24.00 RRP

The foundation claims to be :

'Waterproof, ultra-light, water-based gel contains no emulsifiers and provides a totally natural, satin finish. Ideal for normal skin-types as well as for fine lines and large pores. Gives skin a uniform tone without accentuating imperfections' - Sephora

I vouch that it is ultra-light which is perfect for mature skin and for problematic skin. I love that the finish is super natural and leaves a thin layer of powder on the skin. Perfect for the humidity and heat! It also unifies the skin tone which can be seen in the picture below.

Before (L) and After (R)
1.5 pump
This is straight from my phone with no editing and with natural light against my face. You can see that my forehead has clearly caught the sun and my eye bags are showing. My skin on the left was prepped with my usually skincare and left to sink in for 10-15mins before application of the foundation. I applied it with the brush and applied a second layer of product just under my eyes to help cover my bags. As you can see it really unifies my skin and looks very natural. The foundation has a sheer - medium coverage if you let dry for 3mins and layer the product. 

Close-Up
Sheer Natural finish allowing freckles to show through
(Sorry for the terrible brow grooming!)

Finished Look
 Eyebrows & Mascara
*Products below
I have used the MAC F&B foundation before and if I had to choose between MAC (£21.50 for 50ml) and MUFE F&B (£29.95 for 50ml), I would definitely stick with MUFE despite it costing a little more than MAC. 

The fact that it finishes with a light powder finish means I get to walk out of the house without the worry of my T-Zone looking shiny. It locks in moisture into my skin and feels like I haven't got anything on at all. Provides a beautiful healthy glow and a very smooth touch finish unlike the MAC which I feel has a light tacky feeling. It is also incredibly long-lasting. It's a great face base contender for the 'No Makeup' Makeup look and I would imagine it gives a nice finish on the body and legs too! Oh, and it comes with a pump.

The cons is that it is pricy to begin with. Comes in a glass bottle which obviously means its a pain to lug it around on holiday. Asides from that, I really can't think of anything negative about this. 

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler | Lancomê Hypnôse Doll Eyes (WP) |
&Other stories Eyelash Brush
| Shu Uemura Hard 9 in Sound Black |
MAC Pro Chromographic Pencil in NW25/NC30.

Definitely would recommend this product to try if you have the opportunity! The MUFE Face & Body is available to try in person at Guru Makeup Emporium on High Street Kensington, London. 

Have any of you tried this product before? Or, any other product recommendations quite similar to the above product? Do let us know in the comment box below!




Note:

I used the MAC Pro Chromographic Pencil as a concealer/highlighter under my eye brows to accentuate the shape of my unruly brows. No concealer was used to cover my under eyes or any other imperfections - just the layering of the foundation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS