Monday 28 July 2014

Empties #4

Another empties post!!


This month's empties include



HAIRCARE


Silk Honey Shea Butter Hair Mask
I received this in my June Birchbox, which I was a little disappointed with because I wanted the beauty blender but received Benefit They're Real Mascara, which I hate unfortunately... but that is a story for another day.
This felt like a really nice daily conditioner, I find it hardly nourishing enough as a hair mask!




Ojon Hair Oil

I finished this up but do not think I will repurchase. It was nice and left my hair feeling soft but I was not the biggest fan of the scent!



Aveda Shampure
This smells lovely but I think I will be sticking to the Aveda Scalp Benefits shampoo as that was best for my hair. I may repurchase this but that one is definitely most suited to my needs!








BODYCARE


Decleor Aroma Confort 
This has lasted me a surprisingly long time! I think I have had it for almost 18 months. Once in a while I use it on my legs when I have shaved but I usually reserve it for my bikini line which is why it has lasted so long. I will be repurchasing this unless I find something else.
I really like the gel texture of it and it sinks in super fast.
It is pretty hard to tell if it actually works to slow down hair regrowth, but I like it.





Burt's Bees Pepermint Oil Body Wash
I just bought this in my Boots Haul about a month ago and it is all gone!
I love how refreshing this is and have been using it lots (as you can tell!) and it is especially nice on hot summer days and for washing my feet with to leave it nice and cooling.




Quickies Nail Varnish Remover Pads
I had the small box of this when I went away last summer and decided to buy a big box of 20, but I did not like this.
The pads had a exfoliating side and a smooth side but somehow did not feel as saturated with product as the small box.
It is really convenient, does not count towards liquids if you are travelling, does not spill or leak and smells really nice.
I however, was disappointed with this bigger box after a really good use of the small box.
I will not be repurchasing.






SKINCARE


Vichy Idealia Serum

I liked the scent of this and used it in the day but did not really see any massive improvements on my skin. I also could not get the last bit of the product out, which annoyed me a little bit.


Bioderma
I was quite sad when this finished and since using the Garnier Micellar Water, I can definitely tell that Bioderma is more effective! However at the price, it works out to be similar to the Garnier since you will need more Garnier to remove all make up.
I will be trying out the one for Oily skin next and probably pick up a back up bottle of this when Escentual next has a sale.





Avene Cleanance Mask
This has the typical Avene scent and is actually an exfoliating mask. I am not sure that I like the bits which exfoliate as I feel that it can be too much sometimes.
I do not like it enough to repurchase this.




Clarins Eye Mask

This felt really cooling and nice on the eyes but I will not be repurchasing as I do not have a real issue with my eye area so I could not even see if it helped with under eye circles or puffiness.


Caudalie Organic Grape Water
Another one bites the dust =P and I am down to one can, which leaves me slightly sad and panicky



Bioderma Sebium cream
 I do not actually know the proper name for this product but it was given to me by Bob and I used it on my spots and it would help calm the spots down. I do really like this and will repurchase when I am out of my clearasil and when Escentual has a French Pharmacy sale.
I liked it so much I cut the packaging to get everything out!



Ren ClearCalm Clay Cleanser
 The utter horror when this stopped pumping product out cannot be described.
I am only holding off buying another because I have other cleansers to finish up and to test but I have looked on the Ren website, as well as Liberty's and Space NK because I am dying to pick another one of these up. This definitely is high on the favourite cleansers list!






Caudalie Polyphenol Detox Oil
I received this sample in the recent Cult Beauty haul but did not love it as I felt that it smells really weird. I do like the serum but this was not my cup of tea. It did leave my skin really nice and plumped in the morning but I will not be purchasing a full size as I know I will not want to put it on my face!

ThisWorks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray
I am gutted this is finished and I might go purchase one or the balm version as I love the smell of it so much!





I actually could not make out the brand.... because the label rubbed off on the branding.
This came from Bob and is a whitening serum. It was nice and light but I did not see any real difference even after finishing the whole tub.




The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner
This lasted so long because I saved it for summer as it was drying out my skin in the cooler months.
I will not be repurchasing because it was just a little too drying on me.


MAKE UP

Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer in 53
As you can see, this is not empty and this was not in any haul video because Bob gave it to me.
I basically have 4 concealers (counting this one) I bought the NARS one and Bob gave me a Maybelline one, a Tarte one and this one.
She gives me her concealers because they are too fair on her and they happen to match me, except this one.
Not only is it a darker shade than the foundation I have subsequently picked up since her gifting this to me, this looks ashy on both Bob and I, which I think justifies the bin.


Lancome Bi-Facil
This is quite a common thing for people who wear waterproof mascara (which I am now wearing in summer)
I find it easier to take waterproof make up off but still prefer bioderma over it for regular eye make up.
I bought this at the airport and it was a duo pack so I am already on the second one. I will repurchase at the airport.


This felt like a really long empties post! I really like doing Empties post because I get to write a proper review since I have finished the entire product and sometimes I feel like I must repurchase immediately and sometimes I just feel so-so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS