Wednesday 18 June 2014

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Pencil & Exaggerate Pencil Review

So I promised a review on these eyeliners which I picked up from Superdrug (read it HERE)






I picked up the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Pencil in Taupe and in Bronze.
I already own the Nude one.
I love the formulation of these pencils.
They are really creamy and easy to glide on.
I loved the nude one, it is less harsh than white for a bright eye effect and because I liked it so much I went back for more colours.
I did not buy the black because I already own the NARS larger than life eyeliner pencil in black and thought I should get other colours instead.


I love the Bronze one and have been using it all the time. Paired with the Nude and lashings of mascara, it just looks gorgeous and I sometimes even getaway without using my Shu Uemura Calligraphy pen for a cat flick!

I have not been grabbing the Taupe one as much as I thought I would. I bought it to use as a waterline shadow but I have not really used it, just once or twice.
The texture and consistency is similar throughout the three pencils, so it is consistently good.
Totally thumbs up!



I also picked up the Rimmel Exaggerate Pencil in Pure Plum.
I really love this colour. Purple is generally a nice colour on my eyelids and this is similar. It isn't a shocking purple and it really is beautiful.
I also love that it is a twist up and I do not have to sharpen it with a separate sharpener.
However, this is meant to be a smokey eye pencil because it comes with a smudger (and a sharpener for the nib) and that is the fail in the product.

The smudger removes the pencil as seen here.
It does not smudge it out (I really wish it did) it merely removes the product.
That is a pretty big disappointment because I though I could just bring 2 pencils, and smudge it out for an easy smokey look.
That is not happening.
However, I will continue to use this as a normal eyeliner and the colour is still wowing me.



How have you fared with these eyeliners?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS