Sunday 15 June 2014

Disappointing items #1

Now the title disappointing items may seem a little harsh,
but when I say disappointing, I mean that for me.
Essentially, they either did not do what they said they would on the tube, or they did not meet expectations.


Item number 1 goes to the Batiste Dry Shampoo for Dark and Brown hair.

I do not like this, I have jet black hair and it left my hair looking old and brown and a little grey and it made my scalp itch and go mental.
So I had to wash it off a few hours later, leading to a big fail.
So I will not be repurchasing this.




Item number 2 is more of a range.
I will not be purchasing any more make up from And Other Stories.
So far I have 2 eyeliners and 1 lip pencil. They really are not anything spectacular formulation-wise.
They are lovely colours and I like the arrangement of the store on Regent Street, but they do not last and smudge and really did nothing on my face because it would slide right off a few hours into the day.



Anti-perspirant
I have a few lying around, well 1 Sure spray and 1 Nivea roll on.
I love both the scents, they smell very clean, but I have decided not perspiring is not what I am going for.
I work out quite a lot and I think that sweat is a natural process of the body.
I will however continue my hunt for Deodorant, or maybe stay on to my current Sennn one.




Fake Tan
I have tried gradual tan my legs twice in my life and both times they have come out so streaky I look like a tiger.
I do not know what I am doing wrong but I have decided I really ought to just embrace the gradual colour changes





The Body Shop Drops of Youth Serum
I really dislike this serum, it leaves me skin feeling really tight when it dries up and I hate that tight feeling. I will not be repurchasing this when I finish it up.






Yves Rocher Oatmilk Shampoo
This leaves my scalp itchy on the second day so I will not be repurchasing.






Yves Rocher Moisture Mask
This stings a little when I put it on, which means I am not inclined to put it on at all.
The few times I have, I left it a little while and could not wait to get it off. It does not rinse clean and leaves a slight film as well.





Caudalie Shampoo
I wish my scalp got along with this shampoo but it absolutely did not.
My head would itch on the day of washing and it was pretty much a nightmare so I will not be repurchasing this.






Klorane Mango Conditioner
This was a smaller bottle and lightly more expensive than the actual matching shampoo, which meant that when I was done with this, I was not even halfway through the shampoo because I use a lot more conditioner than I do shampoo.
One of the ingredients is also a silicone so I do not think I will be repurchasing this as silicones do not react well with my back!





Due to that, I probably will not be buying the Klorane Mango Shampoo and I do like my items to be matching smells and scents.




This KIKO lip gloss was a disappointment to me
 My friend said she really likes it (maybe she was being nice) but the colour was lovely on her.
It was too light on me but looked pretty when she put it on.
You can read an in dept review and see swatches on my post HERE






Next up is the Sanctuary Body Lotion
I generally love Sanctuary products but this was not even halfway through when I binned it.
This gets a bit NO from me as it burns (not tingles as claimed) and is just extremely unpleasant to use.
I will not recommend this at all.
You can read my post on it and all other Sanctuary products I have tried HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS