Monday 5 May 2014

Drugstore Review - Boots Haul Review

I thought I would do a review on the products I bought from the last Boots Haul (you can read it HERE)



I will attempt to write the review in chronological order as per how I described and introduced them in the previous blog post, so we shall start with body care, then skin care and make up, then end with hair care.




Let's go with BODY CARE first.



 Clean on me Clarifying shower gel (on the left)
Orangeasm which is the newest addition I believe (centre)
Pulp-Friction Foamy Fruity Body Scrub (on the right)

I love the original pink scent and I have used various things from the range, clean on me smells divine, and has lotion in it so if you are in a rush, that's probably the best to grab because you can skip moisturising!

I love how fresh Orangeasm smells withouht being in your face citrus, which a lot of orange and lemon scents tend to be. Some people love that, it will wake you up, but I prefer the more subtle scents.
In fact, I have been pretty obsessed and using this every morning and sometimes at night as well!


Pulp-Friction is a very different scrub to Scrub of Your Life. I have not decide which is my to-go scrub, but I do love the pumice in this one and it does not feel too aggressive or abrasive.
The scent is lovely and I will definitely consider repurchasing this.







 Imperial Leather Japanese Spa Shower Cream
I love the scent of this, and at £1.99 (£0.99 sometimes) you really cannot go wrong with Imperial Leather shower gels!








The last body care product is this Boots Botanics Bamboo Body Polisher
I have used this a few times, and I regret buying this.
First off, it takes ages to dry and I don't know how hygienic that is..
Secondly, it does not foam properly. It just absorbs everything into itself and.. that's it.
So all in all, I will not be repurchasing this.









I guess I should put this under body care.
Bodyform So Slim Liners (left)
Bodyform String Liners (right)

I like these, but I only noticed that I bought the wrong green pack after I opened it.
I normally buy unscented and these are scented ones, so you get 32 instead of 34, not a huge difference.
I prefer the unscented ones, but the scent (thankfully) is not too overpowering.










The next item might still come under the TMI category.

I could not find a link on the boots website, but I did pick this up at the Boots next to Bond Street station.
I have the Bionsen Deromoprotective Roll-On Deodorant and I do really like it.
Basically this brand is a deodorant brand but not an anti-perspirant, which is exactly what I am looking for.
It says on the packaging that you can add water 5 times to the product and give it a good shake with the active minerals inside the bottle, and it works as a deodorant.
I have been trying this out but it does not smell of anything, I cannot tell if it is actually deodorising my armpits and feet (where I have been testing them out) but I sure hope it is working.
I will be taking this away on holiday when it is empty of the water so that it does not count as a liquid.








SKINCARE


The next item is the start of the skin care items.
This is the Botanics Bamboo Face Cloth
I love this, it has replaced my torn Dermalogica flannel, and it is here to stay.
I might go out and buy a few more actually.
Soft, gentle on the face, does the job and cleans nicely.






I picked up this mini travel size version of the Sanctuary Pore Refining Toner
This is good for travelling as it is only 30ml whereas the original is 150ml so you will not be able to have it in your carry-on bag. I did a blogpost about this and the Sanctuary Brand in general (read it HERE)
I do like this and I will be repurchasing when it runs out.
It does not actually smell of anything and seems to work fine.








MAKE UP


Across the Universe (left) - a dark, slightly vampy red
Big Bang (centre) - a bright vibrant red
Apocaliptic (right) - a bright pink
I love these and have pictures of swatches of these for you. 


These are in exact order, Across the Universe, Big Bang, Apocaliptic.
They are vibrant, glossy, stay on well.
They do have a slight scent to them which I am not a big fan but I have no major issues with that.
I had an instagram poll and most people seem to prefer Big Bang (the centre, bright red) while I have to say I have a soft spot for Across the Universe.






I also picked up some Real Technique brushes as well as Soap&Glory one heck of a blot powder
Real Techniques Stippling Brush (left)
Real Techniques Shading Brush (right)


I really like using the stippling brush for my foundation as it gives a very gentle finish.
I have been using it with my Lancome Miracle Air de Teint foundation, as well as the Garnier Miracle Skin (which is like a tinted moisturiser with spf20) and it gives a beautiful finish.


The shading brush is excellent for blending my eyeshadow out and that is the exact purpose of purchase so I am really happy.

The powder lives up to all the hype of mattifying without caking, and I have tried blotting my face with it after half a day out (so more of a top up) and no caking still, so I am impressed.
I will be repurchasing this in place of my clinique powder!








The last item is a HAIRCARE item.



I will not be repurchasing this because I really do not like the smell of it.
It almost reminds me of something from my childhood but I cannot pinpoint it and it isn't very pleasant.
It is very pretty, with 3 layers of colours but I cannot deal with the scent.
I also realise after trying it that the first ingredient is a silicone and I am not a big fan of silicones in my hair because it tends to give me bacne!
The packaging is cute but not very practical as the bottle is not squeezable at all and I find myself shaking it really hard to dispense the one drop needed.
So all in all, this is a No from me.
In fact, I am trying to sell this on ebay because I cannot bear the smell of it.













Do you have any of these items and what do you think of them?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS