Thursday 5 July 2018

Colourpop Yes, Please!


I have had my eye on the Colourpop Yes, Please! eyeshadow palette for quite a long time so when it was on sale, I thought this was my chance!



First of all, I think the name is really cute. Somehow it says Cute AF inside and I did get a little confused about the name of the eyeshadow palette. Whoops.





The shades are very warm with oranges, yellow and red throughout. I have neutral palettes and really wanted something warmer in tone, and I definitely did not have a yellow eyeshadow so I thought, why not (with the discount)!





Here are the eyeshadows all swatched and there are a total of 12 shades. The first matte cream shade disappears into my wrist so it looks like the orange shade is the first shade. Can we just take a moment to admire the pigmentation and how smooth these have swatched out.





I tried out the a makeup look I saw on youtube and it was a lot harder to recreate than I had anticipated. This is meant to be a cut crease firecracker look  but I was missing a few things such as an orange/red pencil eyeliner so I just improvised.





I think it is a really fun way to wear colour and even though my mum thinks this is not the most flattering way to wear colours, it really is not your day to day, let me pop over to the grocery store, sort of makeup.





I personally had a lot of fun using eyeshadow in a different way and I did find it quite creative so I am happy with the outcome.





Due to the shape of my eyelids, I do think that the eyeshadow looks prettier when my eyes are closed and that is always an issue with droopy eyelids and is definitely a technique I need to work on.





However, I was not going to just stop at one eye look for you!





This is a more wearable take on the eyeshadow palette in my personal opinion.





I would wear this out and about town and not worry about how I look at all.





I also prefer the eye and lip combo here because it is less outstanding and more in tune with each other.





I find this an easier way to wear peach and orange and yellow on the eyes. What about you?





I think that the Colourpop Yes, Please! Eyeshadow Palette is a really good investment and if you wanted a warm eyeshadow look without breaking the bank, this is it!





The only thing I would say is that, I wish it had a mirror. Having a mirror would be so convenient but I don't mind the lack of it since the eyeshadows are really pigmented, smooth and easy to blend out. WIN.





Would you try this eyeshadow palette out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS