Sunday 31 December 2017

Empties #44 - Miscellaneous


Now we all have all those products that really do not go anywhere properly? That is how the "miscellaneous" empties came about. We are finally finishing off this short empties series, just in time for the New Year!





I have had this Colgate Omron Electric Toothbrush for a while and I am just tired of it now so I am retiring it by recycling. I did enjoy it while I had it but I am back to manual toothbrushes.





I have not had this foundation brush for that long (I picked it up from Althea) but I really did not enjoy it. The brush clogs up with foundation really quickly and it is not the easiest to wash so after a while I just gave back. I even tried this with blusher and it still did not work.





The Sephora Solid Brush Cleanser is a really excellent one. It is cheaper than the BeautyBlender version, and the main difference is that this one is quite fragranced while the BeautyBlender one is not. The little scrubbing pad is also slightly different in the two. I love this one, but so far I have only seen it in the US stores. I will definitely pick more up.





The Watsons Eyebrow Razors are pretty damn handy. You get a pack of 3 (2 pink and 1 white) and they work really well in cleaning up the shape of the brows.





I have an array of toothpastes here so let's run through them.

Boots Smile Total Care Fluoride Toothpaste - Nice, and I love the travel size, I have extras and delighted about that

Zact Whitening Toothpaste - I have the coffee and tea version (there is one for cigarette stains) and while it does not taste nice, I did find this to brighten my teeth and remove stains!

Melvita White Teeth Toothpaste - I did not actually see a difference in my teeth whiteness and brightness while using this. I did however, enjoy it because it was super safe. The fact that it is all good ingredients and almost 100% organic meant that I was not ingesting anything I was not supposed to!





The Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge is really good. I do not think it is a dupe for the Beauty Blender at all, but it is excellent in its own right. Mine is cut because I just wanted to double check if there is any growth or mould in there. Thankfully, there is none.





Then frankly, we had way too many wipes. Way, way, way too many wipes. I love using wipes to take off make up from my hands and for swatches. I now feel like wipes are not very environment friendly so I am cutting down on using them.





I don't like the Topvalu Baby Wipes, it is not soft or wet enough.





I really love the Guardian Baby Wipes but I do prefer the non-scented ones. I think they may have changed the packaging as I am unable to find these at all but they are so brilliant.





I have bothe Pure Beauty Pomegranate Antioxidant Cleansing Facial Wipes and the Pure Beauty Pomegranate Urban Shield Cleansing Facial Wipes. I think that the latter (the pink one) is a replacement for the former (the red one). These are really good for taking off makeup before you head to the gym or do a workout. I enjoyed these.





The Watsons Baby Wipes were ok but I prefer the Guardian offerings.





I picked the Watsons Cleansing Facial Wipes in Floral Herbal for the gym/swimming as well, and while I liked how small the packet is, I was not blown away by it. It was ok.





I did quite like the Watsons Invigorating Wet Tissues, especially this green tea scent. It is good for wiping things down and is quite refreshing.





I also wanted to try the Simple Micellar Cleansing Wipes because everyone was raving about these and they are better than the original Simple wipes and I do like these. I think they are a bit pricey for Simple Skincare though.





I love the Kleenex Wet Toilet Tissue as it is just extra clean. I like the Andrex offering in the UK, and the Kleenex one is what I can get here. I have stopped flushing these as I read that they still get stuck in the system so I now bin them instead.





The Watsons Mini Wet Wipes are even handier than the small packets. This scent is quite gentle and unisex, non-offensive. The packaging is also really cute which is helpful.





The This Works Deep Sleep Stress Less Rollerball is really good but I personally prefer the pillow sprays compared to the rollerball but it is entirely a personal preference thing.





This Silkygirl QuikClean Gentle Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover is pants. Do not bother. Bye.





Ending on a much better note, this Sephora It's Magic Express Nail Polish Remover is amazing. It removes nail polish swiftly and easily. I really enjoyed how quickly the nail polish would just slide off. I will repurchase when I am out of it!

Now that is the end of the empties series for a while! I will not be hoarding as much from now on because it is quite a pain to do it altogether and I think it is easier just to tackle it as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS