Sunday 24 December 2017

Empties #42 - Haircare


There cannot be an empties post without haircare empties, right?





First up, yes we still have these Sheraton Shampoo & Conditioners, I picked these up when I went to the gym and swimming at Sheraton KL, and I hate tossing them out after one use so I usually bring them back or just take them home to finish up! These are nothing special but they did keep my hair clean and softened (conditioner).





Next up, we have the Tarte Maracuja Oil which is technically an all-purpose oil but I save it for my hair because I do not like the smell of this. I don't like how it feels on my face but it is nice on the hair. I will not repurchase.

The Natural Bar Anti-Frizz Hair Serum is a repurchase for me. It was a scalp and hair oil previously but now it is called anti-frizz. I really like this and would repurchase! The founder has assured me that you can still use this on your scalp. A+





Phyto haircare is really something else. The Phytokeratine Shampoo is actually really nice on the hair but I do not understand the packaging. The metal can means that you cannot squeeze the bottle and you just have to wait for the shampoo to drip down (it is a bit slow) but the actual product is really lovely!

The Phytokeratine Repairing Thermal Protectant Spray is my favourite product. It comes housed in a glass bottle and the spray (it all smells similar, with a bit of a honey smell) is not super fine. I do not like a super fine mist for hair products, prefering an even spritz. I love this so much.

The Phytokeratine Ultra Repairing Mask is a nice hair product but I don't actually think it is like the best hair mask ever created, or that I would purchase a full size. It is nice, but I would not go out of my way to get it.





I still have a few of these Dove Damage Solutions Intense Repair Conditioners, I do not know how or why or when... It feels very siliconey so it is not my favourite but it works in a pinch and I got these for free so I will not complain. However, I would not buy a full size of this. No.





Molton Brown Indian Cress Purifying Shampoo is not my favourite scent but I have to say that it is quite gender neutral. I remember my hair used to itch after two days but nowadays it is actually not too bad. I enjoyed using this.





Guys, if you have not smelled/sniffed the Aveda Rosemary Mint Conditioner (there is a whole range!) you are missing out! It smells divine! I don't actually remember this conditioner on my hair so it cannot have been that great. I remember the shampoo was too intense for my scalp (it is for oilier scalp and I have a dry scalp... yes, my fault) I am tempted to pick up the body products in this range because the scent is really lovely. Great presents guy!





I tried out this Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner to try out different scents and I did really enjoy this. Whenever I am done with a big bottle (and they are big) I like to change the scent just for a fresh start. However, I have not seen Wen in Sephora in store anymore. WHAT HAS HAPPENED?! WHERE CAN I GET WEN? HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE (yes I love this stuff, my hair loves this stuff)





Hair Pro by Watsons Heat Active Shampoo & Treatment was a hit and miss. I love the Heat Active Treatment. It is REALLY thick but it feels so good on the hair and when you wash it off your hair is so sleek and soft! The shampoo made my hair itch. No.





This Melvita Grapefruit & Honey Frequent Wash Shampoo is a repurchase. I had a smaller bottle of this and now this big bottle is gone too. I enjoyed using this very much. YES.





The Naturals by Watsons Aloe Vera Conditioner and Hair & Scalp Tonic, both are excellent products. The conditioner is not a super intensive one but I like that you can put it on your scalp too. The Hair & Scalp Tonic is really refreshing on the scalp and I really enjoy it.





This Mise en scene Perfect Repair  which is like a hair serum. It feels thick and siliconey, which I try not to use on my hair but boy does it give a good shine to the hair. I will not repurchase as I am trying to ween myself off silicones.





I was given this set of 4 x Deesse's Hair Treatment after colouring my hair. The little disposable capsules(?) are handy and I try to leave it on as long as possible before washing it off. It was nice and softening, but I am not sure if it was really as great as I was made to believe it to be.





I picked up this Rejoice Hair Treatment for something silly like RM1 or RM5. I cannot even remember. I have a feeling it was RM1. It is a really thick cream that works really well with my hair. I enjoyed this.





I have both the Nature Republic Argan Essential Deep Care Hair Pack and Nature Republic Natural Olive Scalp Cooling Hair Pack, again this was a hit and a miss. I love the cooling hair pack because of the cooling effect on my scalp but I do not think I would repurchase. The Argan hair pack has silicones quite high up on the list so while it left my hair soft and smooth, I will not repurchase.





The Dove Refresh + Care Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo is actually quite an intense dry shampoo. It works well on 3rd-4th day hair. I think it is too intense on 2nd day hair and can leave a white cast. I do not like the scent at all.

The Dove Style + Care Curls Defining Mousse, I love the idea of this mousse but it is so sticky in the hair. It feels really heavy when you apply it and all that. When I curl my hair after applying this, it is actually really good at holding a curl and all that, but the application is such a horrible process that I have chucked this.





I really did not want to fall into the whole Ouai hype because I feel that it is just a hype. I got this as a sample with a Sephora online order and chose not to purchase any because of the silicone content but this smells divine. (it is really smoothing on the hair too) but if you try out the Ouai hair oil or Ouai Rose Hair & Body Oil.... I NEED EVERYTHING. This is beautiful, really beautiful.





Finally, we have this ecospa white tea extract nourishing conditioning shampoo which I picked up while on holiday at Mulu National Park with Marriott hotel. I love the scent of this and while I did not feel like it was nourishing, it was not drying on the hair and it was labelled organic/biodegradeable or something so I was extra drawn to it. Yay! If you ever see this brand, their things are lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS