Saturday 9 December 2017

Empties #37 - Makeup Base Products


The final makeup empties is the Makeup Base Products!




Aritaum Pore Master Sebum Control Powder - This powder smells like apple and is really lovely to use. However, it is no longer available when I search for it online. SAD.

Althea Petal Velvet Powder - This is a really beautiful powder (it is also Althea's first own product). I have already repurchased! The packaging is really beautiful as well. Bonus.







Innisfree No Sebum Powder - This is not bad and quite oil controlling. I do prefer the Althea and Aritaum versions but if those are unavailable, I would use this without any complaints. It is also easier to get since you can purchase these in store as well as online.

Catrice All Matt Powder - This was surprisingly nice to use. I am tossing it since my brush is getting really weird and fraying in my attempt to get at the product. It mattifies without making the face look dead.





I accidentally dropped my 3CE Magic Touch Face Maker which means this completely smashed and there is actually no product left in this. I love the contour shade as it is light enough for nose contour and you can build it up. The highlight I have (pink) is really not my favourite and even the golden highlight is not impressive. I wish they came out with the contour shade by itself!





I love the TooCoolForSchool Dinoplatz Dear Brachiosaurus Blotting Papers and have actually bought refills for these. I have noticed that with repeated use, the catch starts going and you can no longer shut the case properly.





Estee Lauder Double Wear - I love this foundation and will repurchase. I have used it to death and it is just the best thing if you want to wear your foundation for hours and hours without looking at it. It sets and you are set to go.





It Cosmetics CC Cream - I actually really like the formula of this. It does not feel heavy but gives immense coverage. However I am somewhat in between shades (light and medium) which sucks. I think they are coming out with new shades, so hurry please It Cosmetics!

Urban Decay One & Done Complexion Rescue - I go through phases of loving this and not understanding why it does not work on me. I like wearing this on its own as I think it is actually sufficient coverage. It also has SPF20 so I wear it for day to day makeup.





L'occitane Pivone Sublime CC Cream - This feels nice on the skin but the colour is really just a bit too light and pink on me. Unless I am wearing a turtleneck, I cannot get away with this. There is not a great range for the shade selection but if you find one that works, it is actually a really nice one.

Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint - This has quite a high coverage for the name "skin tint". The product also oxidises on me, even when I powder. Luckily the shade I was matched to, takes into account of this. I can get away without powdering because of the matte texture. I liked it while I had it but I am not sure I would repurchase. The packaging gets pretty grubby.





The L'oreal Mat Magique Bright Mat Foundation  is a bit of an odd one. I like the finish of this but the shade range is so odd. The other shades are so light but this is.. almost orange on me? No idea what is going on. Again, if the shade range works, this is matte, but not as matte as the Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint. It's comfortable on the skin.





Benefit "that gal" brightening face primer - I actually enjoyed this product, it helps foundation glide on easier and with a slightly glowier finish. I don't ever wear this by itself as I then run the risk of looking too pink, but I enjoyed this while it lasted.

Josie Maran Primer - I reserved this more on normal/dry patches on my skin and it is a thicker formula which is really nice. I do not tend to have dry patches, and have more issues with oily skin, so although I like this, I am unlikely to purchase a full size of this to use.





This Burberry Face Contour is amazing. It is so amazing but you get a tiny amount of product for the price you pay. Burberry, why you so expensive *cry*. I really love this because the colour is right, the product is so easy to blend and use, but I don't think I can afford to repurchase this.





The Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist is quite a nice formula. It is not drying or oily, and is in fact, quite lovely. The spritz on this was not the greatest, but I have another Pixi Mist, and the spritz on that was really lovely so I have a feeling this was just one that was a bit of a dud. I really enjoy this.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS