Thursday 15 June 2017

It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Essentials




it cosmetics Naturally Pretty Essentials Transforming Eyeshadow Palette & Bonus Travel-Size Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumising Mascara. Honestly, I don't know what it was really but I like a palette and it's all cute and pretty and pink so...... there we go. That's sufficient reason to buy a palette right?




The it cosmetics superhero mascara is a bonus item and I like that because you can try it out and it's a bestseller! I am doing a standalone post on that because I love trying out mascaras and I am always holding out for a better one. You can read about it HERE.




The it cosmetics Naturally Pretty Essentials Transforming Eyeshadow Palette is a really pretty palette and it actually feels like a little bag because it is slightly quilted. The palette does come with a small mirror. I wish the mirror was bigger but it is not a big issue.





The back of the palette is flat and cardboard in material so it is not a heavy palette at all and it lays flat when you put it down.





There are 6 matte eyeshadows and 1 transforming hello light. The idea is that you can use the transforming hello light, which is essentially a highlighter shade, to transform any of the matte eyeshadows into a satin finish.





From Left to Right : Imagine, Wonder, Dream





From Left to Right : Passion, Intrigue, Allure





Now just to point out that the beautiful embossing does not last at all, this was after just swatching the shadows to show on the blog, which frankly is somewhat disappointing. The eyeshadows also have quite a lot of powder kickback. They are soft but be prepared for quite a lot of fall out.





Here is a swatch of the transforming hello light and it is not as pretty a highlighter as I was hoping. It is not meant to be used as a face highlighter but I still tried to use it that way. It is not quite shimmery enough in my opinion when I use it on the tops of my cheeks.





From Left to Right : Imagine, Wonder, Dream, Passion, Intrigue, Allure.
All swatches are done finger swatches followed by brush swatches.
The product picks up better on the fingers than brushes and the first three colours look quite similar to each other but when built up on the eyes, there is a definite difference. Imagine is really light and a shade I don't use as much. I tend to prefer Wonder if I want to have a warmer base because it is a light yellow and I grab Dream if I am doing a cooler or pinker eye look.





Now just to quickly demonstrate the Hello Transforming Light on the matte eyeshadows. From Left to Right - Allure, Intrigue, Hello Transforming Light.





Here I have added the Transforming Hello Light to change it into a different finish. I will admit that I don't tend to mix it in this way since I like matte eyeshadows typically.




The eyeshadows can also be worn wet or dry, as eyeshadows or as liners. I don't think it performs extraordinarily when used wet. Although the packaging of the palette is cute, I find that overall the eyeshadows do not really wow me. I don't find myself reaching for the palette because of the amount of fallout. I do really like the brown shade Intrigue, but even then, I have something similar in other palettes and this just is not calling out to me.




So if you are looking for a new eyeshadow palette, I would not recommend this and suggest you pass and pick something else up instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS