Sunday 22 January 2017

Sephora review


A while ago, I picked up the Sephora Gold Welcome Pack and I was really impressed by everything they have included! I was expecting something small but this is quite an impressive array of items.






First up, the items come housed in a plastic stripey Sephora bag which is classically Sephora. It is somewhat see through which is handy to see what you have packed and the plastic means it is easy to wash it as required.





They have included an eye mask, which is sort of quite sweet. It is once again, stripey and the logo and wording Sephora is clearly there. Now you can wear this in planes and be proud that you are a Sephora maniac.





3 makeup items were included and the first I am showcasing is the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara. I actually did not try this out because it is not waterproof. In fact, I included it in a giveaway I did. It has been raved by many to give lots and lots of volume, so if you want volume and don't need your mascara to hold your curl (that is, you have naturally curly lashes) check this out! I knew it was not for me so I decided to gift it.





The Sephora Rouge Infusion Lip Stain The Neutrals in Peony is a deluxe size lip gloss. I already have this in full size but never did a post because I used it everyday and it was always in my handbag and the writings all rubbed off. I like the colour but would not call it neutral. It is a slightly deeper pink that enhanced my natural lip colour without any glossiness. It dries to a stain which lasts a good amount of time and reapplies nicely. This was also gifted in my birthday giveaway.





I already have an exact Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal which is this deluxe size. I absolutely love that this comes with a dinky mirror. Highlighters typically last an insane amount of time and I have been using my Becca Opal and while there is a dip in the product I am no where near finishing this deluxe size so I decided to gift this one as well. Opal is a beautiful colour and is very wearable. If you are fairer than me, you might suit Moonstone or other shades, Opal is a good colour for my skin tone and probably those who are just a shade or two more tanned that I am.





There are only 2 skincare items in the bag and one is the Boscia Clear Complexion Tonic. I think that Sephora Malaysia is pretty smart in that they included something that is usable by most people. More people in Malaysia and the surrounding countries are plagued by oiliness due to the hot and humid weather. This is meant to keep oiliness at bay while refreshing. It is also meant to reduce acne whilst at it. I will report back when I run out of this or have a stand alone post if it works really well so stay tuned.





Another excellent skincare product addition is the Sephora Ultimate Warming Cleanser. This is suitable for all skin types. Dry skin will prefer this than any foaming cleansers and personally, I have normal-combination skin and an oily nose but I find these sorts of cleansers more gentle on my skin. This is a gel consistency cleanser which is made of all sorts of oils. I will write about this in detail when I finish this up.



I think that Sephora has really done well with this Welcome Pack and whilst I have butted heads with Sephora over a few things, or more like me ramming my head against a huge corporation wall, I think that they have outdone themselves with this and deserve a commendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS