Thursday 5 January 2017

A quick Sephora trip


In the final of my Sephora visits in the USA, I only picked up one item for myself and the perfume is actually my aunty's!





The Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue is a classic perfume. It is very airy and light, perfect for those who do not like perfumes that are too sweet, too citrus, too heavy. This is a gentle introduction to how "clean" smells.





I personally love a lot of the airy and clean scents and this is something I had never bought. However my aunty really liked it but did not want to commit.





I thought this o.25 fluid ounces was a perfect way to ease her into the perfume world as it is not a giant bottle to get through.





In fact, it is in rollerball form to make things easier to carry around. I prefer the rollerball than the spritz because I find it less invasive on other people. Plus you can be quite discreet when applying.





Apart from the gorgeous velvet box (faux velvet? I have no idea), the actual perfume comes in a frosted glass bottle.





Can we say chic? It looks really beautiful. I think that the writing might scratch off if you chuck it in your handbag.





Just to show you the close up of the actual rollerball. Even the cap is pretty.





Overall, I think this Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue is a gorgeous perfume and since my aunty is really super fussy about her fragrances, I think that if you are unsure about perfumes as a gift but you know the person likes light scents, this is a good and safe bet.





I also picked up two samples because in the States, it is easy to ask for samples of anything you would like to try. I think it is brilliant and I even got shade matched to the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation before receiving a sample of it.





The YSL Forever Light Creator CC Primer comes in 3 shades and this is in Violet. The colours help to neutralise any redness but violet tends to help to brighten if your complexion looks a bit ashy.





I was also really curious about the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation because it is much raved about and I thought this would be a brilliant way to run through it.





Finally the Josie Maran Glowing Argan Oil Skincare Essentials. There are 4 items in the kit and it was marked further down than the $36 initially marked on the box for $65 value worth of items.





So what we have in the box is:
Josie Maran Nirvana Hydrating Mist 
100% Pure Argan Oil
Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm
Argan Enlightenment Illuminiser 





The Josie Maran Nirvana Hydrating Mist which is alcohol-free, but has argan oil and coconut water, both of which are nourishing. The bottle is glass which makes it less travel friendly but very aesthetically pleasing!





The mist is very fine and does not overwhelm the skin or makeup at all. It refreshes without being too much. However the bottle is not refillable so that is a bit of a downer.





The 100% Pure Argan Oil is what it says it is. It comes with a dropper style pipette which is quite tapered so you can really control the amount of oil you want to use or dispense. I like this both on my face and in my oil.





The Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm is a skincare and makeup hybrid. It claims to be a skincare finisher and makeup primer or it can be a makeup finisher as well. The way to apply is to press it into the skin delicately or press it on top of makeup to set it with an ethereal glow.





Having tried this, while I have no complaints about the item, I also have no real urge to reach for it over my other primers.





The item that made me most excited was the Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminiser. It is a highlighter that I swatched in store and I was blown away by how beautiful it was.





The pump is actually bigger and longer than the actual bottle housing the product. Say what? I have to say as well I have not figured out how to make it work on top of foundation because it goes patchy. If I mix it with foundation it makes my foundation really glowy without being glittery. However I wanted to wear this as a highlighter by itself so I am still trying to figure that part out.



Overall, I am very happy with this Josie Maran Glowing Argan Oil Skincare Essentials. Did you manage to pick it up before it got sold out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS