Sunday 2 October 2016

Drugstore Dash


A few weeks ago, I showed up at work planning to slap some makeup on post workout, except I forgot my makeup bag. Usually I would just rock on but I had a meeting with a client and I did not want to come across sleepy or unprofessional. Basically I would just feel a lot better if I had some makeup on.





First up is this Loreal Mat Magique 12 hour Bright Mat Foundation. In all honesty there are only 5 shades, which is rather disappointing, but I picked up the shade N3, the shade can only be seen on the box and not on the actual product! I thought it was a decent match but it was actually quite a bit darker than my actual skin tone. I actually like how the skin looks really natural with this on. It has a matte finish as the name would suggest but it is not a flat matte and it actually keeps oil in check. The coverage is medium.





I also picked up a concealer because let's face it, I needed help. This Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle in Medium has finally arrived and the consistency is quite liquidy but it covers surprisingly well! I really enjoy using this but the sponge is already looking really scary.





The one product I regret buying is this Loreal False Lash Butterfly Waterproof Mascara as it really made no difference because I did not curl my lashes. To top it off, this is not great at holding a curl, takes a while to dry which means that it smudged on me a few times and to top it off, it was the most expensive of everything I bought.





The comb is interesting and I hope you can see from the picture above, but I really am not a fan of anything of this mascara. REGRET.





Next up is a recommendation from a colleague so I picked this up and it lives up to her recommendation!

Although I do not usually gravitate towards this sort of eyeliner, it really is a lot more pigmented than the pen style eyeliner that I usually favour. This one is particularly jet black and matte. I had no problems with smudging and the eyeliner was really fine.





Here are some swatches of the products mentioned above : Loreal Mat Magique Bright Mat Foundation, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle, Loreal False Lash Butterfly Waterproof Mascara and finally the Silkygirl Perfect Matte Liquid Eyeliner Waterproof.





Here are all the products on my face and the foundation is a tad darker than my neck but is not so bad that I have an orange face.





Now, clearly I am missing some colour because even my lips have some foundation on them!





I did not buy a blush or lipstick because I knew I had some in my handbag and the one I picked to multitask with was this Clarins Rouge Eclat in Woodrose.





Not only does it add a bit of colour to the lips, it doubles up as a beautiful blusher. Just dab a little and you are good to go! I blended mine out with my fingers and you will not need any highlighter because it has a sheen to it!





So here is the final look with the 4 products I bought and 1 that I doubled up the usage for! When in a pinch, what would you do?




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS