Friday 17 June 2016

Sephora Sephora


I don't really know what prompted this but I think it was the restock of the Becca Ombres Nude Eye Palette so I knew I wanted that and a few extra bits.





First up, let's talk about this 3 samples instead of 1 promotion. Of course I capitalised on this and picked the deluxe/premium ones.




VMV Hypoallergenics VMV Know-It-Oil 50ml sample is a coconut oil which is no nonsense and good to use on skin, body or hair. I typically save coconut oil for my scalp but I will be trying this out on my face as well to see if it really is as good as people claim!


VMV Hypoallergenics VMV Know-It-Oil 50ml-1RM 0.00RM 0.00
Somme Institute SMP - Somme Institute Transport-1RM 0.00RM 0.00
Alpha-H Liquid Gold Anti-Ageing Cleanser

Since I have a Alpha-H moisturiser sample from my previous shop, I thought it was a good idea to pick up this Alpha-H Liquid Gold Anti-Ageing Cleanser to try out with the moisturiser.




Finally, we have this funny looking container. It is actually the Somme Institute SMP - Somme Institute Transport.


Now all these samples have actually been sealed, which I think is good for hygiene and I photographed this one because the name does not really give it away, but it's just pads of exfoliating toner. The purple sticker is also slightly off centre and it is driving me slightly crazy.




So for the actual shop, I picked up with fresh soy face cleanser because it came recommended from a friend who is not particularly big on beauty. There is a 100ml tube which works out to be about RM2 saving so I just picked up this smaller 50ml tube to try out - just in case it does not agree with my skin.




Now, the only haircare item I picked up was this Percy & Reed Wonder Cleanse & Polish.  I have actually been trialing this and it is actually really nice. It smells amazing, really clean. 




The packaging is pretty and I like the pump but find that I am using 6-7 pumps on my not-so-long hair length so I am likely to run through this quite quickly. It leaves my hair really soft and silky without any need for conditioner after using this. It does contain silicones which makes me slightly sad because that means it will not be making itself into the "repurchase forever" list.




Now onto makeup items. I picked up two things, one being the Becca Ombre Nude Eye Palette which spurred this purchase and the other was a bit of a spur of a moment purchase - 3CE Magic Touch Face Maker. 




Let's start with the Becca, shall we?




The packaging is sleek and simple. It does attract fingerprints so be warned but it is easily wiped away.




Here are the 5 shades of eyeshadow and as you may have expected, they are nude and very wearable.




I find all 5 easy to wear with none of them being too warm, as I personally favour cooler colours.




Don't worry, I included finger swatches. They do swatch very true to pan, are very soft so don't go in with full force but I really like this.




Here are the first three shades and the first shade is nice all over the lids. The second shade I sometimes use all over the lid if I am going for an evening look.




Now these are the last three shades so essentially I have included the 3rd shade twice, and you can use it to gauge the intensity as well. The 4th shade is slightly warmer than the final shade. I do really like it especially when you wet your brush and use it to line your eyes. Perfect. There is also a big mirror to use on the go.




Next is this random purchase.




I am not the biggest fan of the packaging, it just looks.... not super chic, which I tend to go for, but I decided to try this out regardless.




There are two variations, one is the gold and this is the pink one. The difference is only in the highlight colour. I picked the pink one because I know that pink highlighters suit me better.




This comes with a mirror, which I like since the packaging is opaque, I expect a mirror inside for ease of use.




The highlighter is really nice because it is quite subtle and not glittery at all. The powder is really finely milled and it was love at first swatch. However what the highlighter has, is nothing on the contour shade. The contour shade is really light but buildable, something really important. It is also cooler in shade without being dirty. I find it works perfectly on my face.




This is swatched directly from the finger swatches to show you how light the powders are and the beautiful contour shade which is really easy to build up for the nose and under the cheekbones for a more sculpted look.

This has fast become the favourite purchase of this haul!



That is it for this Sephora haul, have you tried any of the items  I bought?




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS