Sunday 26 June 2016

Sephora Malaysia & the disappointing sample


So during the recent Sephora sale, I went a little crazy. However, I also had a little incident with Sephora which you can read about HERE





I picked up more than my fair share of new things to try and I have a mix of skincare, make up, brushes and some zen items.




Starting off with the Zoeva make up brushes I picked up, this is the Zoeva 228 Luxe Crease brush I wanted to try out.




This one is the Zoeva 229 Eye Finish brush which is less dense and will probably be easy to diffuse any harsh lines.




And then this beautiful thing which I have had my eye on and I finally caved. Zoeva Nude Spectrum Palette, I really should not have, but I needed it.




Next I thought I would try the Fresh Rose Hydrating Gel Cream and in all honesty, I will admit that the two deluxe samples swayed me to try the gel cream featured.




I know I already love the Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Rose and the Fresh Rose Face Mask costs a bomb and this is a nice way to try it out before investing!




The product comes with a pump dispenser (win!) and one pump is sufficient for the whole face despite it looking like quite a small amount. It is hydrating but it is a little sticky after application so I only use this when I am wearing make up on top. It really is quite tacky.




Continuing with skincare, I also picked up this Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum because the Vichy serum worked out more expensive which made no sense because Caudalie feels more premium. So I picked this one up because it is a hydrating serum and I have worked out that my skin loves hydrating serum above all else.




This Works Deep Sleep range is not new to me and I know I love the scent so I picked up this set so that I could have both the pillow spray and the stress less rollerball.




I actually love that these are small because they can be taken when you are travelling and are just perfect for that. I have finished one of the pillow sprays before so really, this is a repurchase.




Onto the make up bits and starting with the two lip products, we have here the ButterLondon Lippy in Ruby Murray and Moonshot Cream Paint in English Toffee.




Here are swatches of the two products and the reviews are coming up in the upcoming All About Lips series!




In an attempt to try and review more Korean make up, I decided to try the 3CE eyebrow pencil after trying it in store earlier, and picked up the liquid eyeliner as well.




They both come sealed but I have no idea what it says on the sticker.




The eyebrow pencil is very fine and reminds me of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz but this is easier for me to get a hold of.




There is also a spoolie at the other end and I noted that both caps work on both sides so that is handy.




Here is a look of the eyebrow pencil again and yes, I really like it! I am still putting it to the test to decide if I prefer this or the Shu Uemura Hard 9 pencil.




Finally, the last item is this 3CE liquid eyeliner. The black was out of stock so I decided to try the brown one and I really like this! I initially thought it was smudging on me but that turned out to be my Maybelline Sensational Waterproof Mascara. This does not smudge and I love how subtle the brown is that it looks like it really is just my eyes and amazing thick lashes. The nib is also really fine and easy to use.



Now for the only disappointing item of the..... year. I have been putting off this post in the hopes that this will be resolved, but no. This was the free sample I picked and it would have been my first Skin Inc product to trial and this has really good reviews. However, my sample came empty. So all I got was this box/carton/information bit. Thank you Sephora. Read about the incident HERE






Attempting to end on a good note, I found this at KLIA and it was RM160 for 2 bottles, which is so cheap considering Sephora sells this for RM120 for a single bottle. Grab them at the airport instead people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS