Monday 23 November 2015

My essentials during a cold

A little bit of a random one but I've been meaning to do a post on this because I've fallen sick twice in the past month and I really realise how reliant I am on certain items!
Vicks VapoRub
Vicks VapoRub
First up is actually any form of paracetamol, be it paracetamol, panadol, sudafed or any cold and flu medications. These will ward off or lower your temperature in a fever. It will also help with any pains and aches you get from the nasty cold. Please follow the instructions and never take more than 2 tablets every 4 hours, and no more than 8 in any 24 hours time frame. If you are unsure, don't take anything rather than overdosing as it can be damaging to the liver and even lethal!
Phew... That was almost like a lecture, and I do apologise.
Coming back to my other essentials : 
Ventolin
Strepsils
Vicks VapoRub
Vicks VapoRub
Vicks VapoRub
I'm asthmatic so in general, any cold or cough really affects me. My doctor has told me that I need to start taking my Ventolin inhaler as soon as I feel a cough coming on because without taking the medication, my lungs take a lot longer to heal up and in general, I just have a weaker respiratory system (which is why I swim and exercise to build it up, but more on that another time!)


I also keep Strepsils around as they really help, any logenzes will do but these are popular and easily accessible.


Lastly, I like to keep Vicks VapoRub near me.
I had a big tub but these little 10g travel sizes are so much more convenient and absolutely brilliant. They are readily available in Malaysia but I have not seen them in any Boots or Superdrug in UK (WHY!?) because the smaller ones are easier to use up and replaced.


Vicks works well when you apply it to your throat, chest and back. I tend to do it throughout the day and especially when I am ready for bed at night and just find the menthol really soothing when I am ill. If you have not tried Vicks, I reckon that you really need to give it a go but make sure you double check that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients!
Vicks VapoRub
Vicks VapoRub

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS