Thursday 26 November 2015

Essie Fiji

Essie Nail Polish in Fiji
Essie Nail Polish in Fiji
Some nail polishes grow on you, some do not live up to expectations...

I really wanted a pastel pink nail polish and I finally caved and picked this one up after reading a few blog posts. When I first painted my nails, I thought that it was way too white and pale to flatter my skin.... Fast forward a few weeks and I repainted my nails several times in this shade and I finally have my final review of this particular nail polish.


Essie Nail Polish in Fiji
Essie Nail Polish in Fiji


This colour is actually really beautiful, and I think that the shade is flattering even on my darker (compared to most caucasians raving about this) skin. I would prefer it if it was a tad more pink, and I will have to check out if there is such a perfect shade of pastel pink for me.

Essie Nail Polish in Fiji
Essie Nail Polish in Fiji

The problem is more on the formula... It is slightly streaky. Nothing two thin coats of the formula will not sort out when you paint it on your nails, but for the price of Essie nail polishes, I expect more! The nail polish also does not last for ages, even with the Seche Vite top coat, I get about 2 days before there is chipping, something no other polishes do..... I have another shade of Essie nail polish and I have better wear with that dark grey shade, so perhaps it is a shade problem?


Essie Nail Polish in Fiji
Essie Nail Polish in Fiji


Are you an Essie nail polish fan? I am on the fence because for the price I expect more and might just experiment with Rimmel & Barry M more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS