Thursday 1 October 2015

September Favourites

It is the first day of October and that means that it is my mum's birthday tomorrow! While that is exciting and will probably mean a picture on instagram, today's post is actually about my favourite products in the month of September, and now, without further ado, here are the products.


Starting first off with make up,
 I have rediscovered my love for Guerlain Meteorites which I harp on and on about. You can read various posts HERE.

The L'oreal telescopic mascara is truly excellent. My only gripe is that there are cheaper and better (cough Maybelline Sensational cough) mascaras out there, but this remains one of the best mascaras I have tried. Especially at the price point that it is offered.

Soap and Glory Glow All Out is a really pretty pinky highlighter which flatters the fairer skinned of us. The medium skinned girls and boys may find this a bit ashy but it is a really pretty highlight on top of a subtle blush, nothing too glimmery just a subtle sheen.



 Next up is not one, not two but THREE of my favourite lip products this month.
You may have noticed that they are all nourishing products because I have been travelling and slathering on the Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm when I have really dry lips and I keep it in my handbag at al times. I also use the Nivea Hydro Care SPF15 to have some protection when I am out and about.

The By Terry Baume De Rose is part of my nightly ritual and it is just a very luxurious way to end the night, with a beautifully scented and nourishing lip balm. I sure know how to pamper myself!



The only Bodycare product I have this month is actually bar soaps!
I have just developed a real love for bar soaps at the moment, my favourites are from L'occitane but many brands do excellent ones and using a bar soap just makes me feel extra clean, without the squeaky tight feeling!

I am featuring the Peter Thomas Roth Facial soaps here but I use them to cleanse my body as they are so creamy and I have other preference for facial cleansers.



Two of my favourite and most used Haircare products are these:
John Frieda Frizz Ease Curl Reviver Mousse - Due to my slightly frizzy and very thick hair texture, salons tend to use mousse on my hair and I thought I might as well do it too and this was the first one I picked up and I actually really enjoy using it. The nozzle can be a bit tight but I prefer that than way too much product. This lets my hair retain its slight wave rather than just frizzing so I have been really loving this.

Ogx Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco - I can't believe how much of this I have been powering through and although I am trying to avoid silicones, it seems impossible. This contains Demithiconol as its third ingredient, not that great, but I really see a difference on days I do not use this and have since fallen for it.



Finally we have some Skincare items :
Caudalie Organic Grape Water - This is my HG spritz toner and I love it even in this humid weather as the extra hydration means that my skin does not freak and become oily.

L'occitane Angelica Ultra Matte Fluid - This is really beautiful and mattifying. I highly recommend this for combination-oily skin types for the day time. The lady selling this to me at Regent Street told me that I must hydrate and moisturise in the evening as my skin is more combination and will need the hydration in the evening to balance things out. I completely agree with her! Read my original review HERE.

Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age Advanced Serum - So fluid, so quickly absorbed, I have seen a slight improvement in my skin and I am loving this so much. I will be writing a complete review on this really soon so please stay tuned!

Lancome Bi-Facil - I love this and have not found anything that rivals it. This is just the best for waterproof eye make up. Read some comparison posts HERE and HERE.




Bonus Mention goes to the Invisibobble which I have fallen for big big big time. It does not snag on the hair and keeps it away from my face. Anyone who knows me knows I like to keep my hair up all the time. so yes, LOVE.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS