Monday 7 September 2015

Gel Cleansers

Now before you stare at me in shock, or rub yours eyes in disbelief, hear me out?
The Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm, as lovely and luxe as it is, I just felt that it was too heavy certain days/mornings and needed a different cleanser. Enter my Escentual haul where I picked up 4 cleansers. Well 3 cleansers and I was gifted 1.


Let's start with La Roche-Posay Make-Up Remover Micellar Water Gel.
This is a clear gel. The bottle is coloured, giving the illusion that the gel is blue but it is just a clear, colourless gel. It does have a faint, clean floral scent which does not offend me. It is quite viscous(thick) but melts makeup nicely. I did not find it very effective on eyeliner and mascara.
The gel also felt a little warm on my skin, which I am unsure if it is meant to be an effect of the cleanser, or if my skin was reacting (slightly?) There was no redness, just the slightly warming, which is not reported in other reviews....


There is also the weirdest, conflicting instructions. Actually, there are no clear instructions on Escentual and on the bottle it says "No rinsing". No rinsing? It does not even say to cotton/tissue off. Perhaps that is common sense but I would have liked a little bit of directions/instructions. I did rinse off with water as even I dare not go against Caroline Hirons's that much ;)


Overall : Meh. It was okay but I doubt I will repurchase.



My choice of the two : Vichy Purete Thermale Fresh-cleansing gel
This bottle is actually clear, so the gel is a slight green tint clear gel which has a soft, clean scent. I prefer this scent, and the product in general.
This one actually foams up slightly and I remove by rinsing and using a wet face cloth. It does not leave the skin feeling dry or anything that I have come to associate with gel cleansers.


Neither product has dried my face at all, and a gel cleanser can be quite nice for a fresher feel. Have you tried either of this and how was your experience with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS