Thursday 10 September 2015

Beyond Medispa

I was lucky enough to receive a voucher for a Hydra Facial at Beyond Medispa. Since I received this voucher at a Harvey Nichols event - A Beautiful Mind, so I decided to go to the Harvey Nichols, London branch.

When I first arrived, the lady was super sweet. I was a little too shy to ask to take pictures and so on, and then realised I did not bring my camera and that my phone was too full and not allowing me to take pictures. BLOGGER PROBLEMS.

However, here are two posts on the Hydra Facial by other bloggers, check it out HERE and HERE.


I was first taken to a room to have a photo of my face taken and then the lady read the results the machine produced and told me what my skin needed. I was pretty lucky in that the percentage came out quite high (the higher, the nearer to perfection - although obviously skin will never be 100% perfect) apart from open pores and blackheads around the nose.

Then, the lady said she knew what to do and then took me to the actual facial room.
Hydra Facial at Beyond Medispa, Harvey Nichols London
This entire section is lifted from the Beyond Medispa website which can be found HERE.

"STEP 1 - DETOX

Lymphatic drainage helps to increase circulation of the lymphatic system. This increases blood flow to the area, bringing oxygen to support the cells whilst also bringing fresh clean lymph to restore hydration, tone and firm the skin, and eliminate toxins.

STEP 2 - CLEANSING AND EXFOLIATION

Dead skin cells are gently exfoliated to reveal healthy, new skin whilst, simultaneously, a serum containing lactic acid, glucosamine and many botanical extracts is delivered deeply to cleanse and nourish the skin.

STEP 3 - BRIGHTENING AGENT

This gentle glycolic and salicylic solution helps loosen debris from your pores ready for the extraction stage whilst brightening the appearance of the skin.

STEP 4 - EXTRACTION

Effortless extractions help to remove blackheads and draw out impurities in congested areas using a serum of natural salicylic acid and honey extract.

STEP 5 - HYDRATION

HydraFacial Vortex-Fusion technology delivers a cocktail of hydrating hyaluronic acid and the most advanced and powerful antioxidants, peptides and multi-peptides to replenish the skin, leaving it hydrated, plumped up and at optimum skin health.

STEP 6 - REJUVENATION

Red and infrared LED light is used to reduce redness and further stimulate collagen.  The light also supports the natural production of vitamin D, leaving your skin glowing."

I can attest to all these steps happening, although there is a little bouncy pen applicator so it looks interesting. The lady doing my facial told me about the steps she was taking, which was really good and informative.
I must say the initial cleansing smelt really nice, and because of the peel process, the extraction was relatively effortless. I say relatively because of course it still hurt, but less than what I remember. After which, the hydration step was really nice and then during rejuvenation, I almost fell asleep as I had to keep my eyes closed for the step.

I left the facial with slightly red skin, I do have slightly fragile skin around my cheeks and because the facial included extraction, redness was expected. I have been rather impressed by this facial but will report back on how it feels after a few days.

*1 day after facial - Skin looks smoother but there are marks from removing spots (extraction)


For some reason I thought hydra facial was like hydro facial, and I was expecting a lot of moisture and almost Clarins like massages. I guess every facial is different. If you like more massages (no extraction, Clarins offers excellent facials)


*** A note : My friend went for the exact same facial and she has slightly more sensitive skin than I do but had a massive reaction to the facial. She had rashes on her face and it did not go away for a few days. When she contacted Beyond Medispa at Harvey Nichols, I have been told that they were not very nice to her and were quite rude***




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS