Thursday 13 August 2015

Beauty at TK Maxx

I picked up a few things at Superdrug and then wandered into TK Maxx to browse and... even thought I was looking for shoes, I came out with some beauty finds as well!



First up is this SHE Aromatherapy White Tea & Bergamot Hand Wash
SHE Aromatherapy White Tea & Bergamot Hand Wash
This stuff smells SO nice. I like white tea, but I think I really like Bergamot as a scent. This is a really refreshing hand wash and it states on the bottle that it is sulphate and paraben free - which is a bonus rather than a must in my books! I have been enjoying this, plus it's a big bottle so I won't be needing anymore hand wash for a long time!



Bliss Ingrown Eliminating Pads
Bliss Ingrown Eliminating Pads
I bought these to try and compare with the TendSkin which I recommend, and at first look, these pads are well soaked and the pad itself is sturdy enough without being overly thick/scary. Obviously you can use both sides and there are 50 pads so it should last 50 days if you use one a day. I have been using this on and off (whoops) but it's been good at keeping ingrown hairs at bay so far!



ARAD Dead Sea Bath Salts
ARAD Dead Sea Bath Salts
I bought these as it was rather cheap and I wanted to try a mineral sea salt bath soak. The instructions state to use half/whole pack in one bath and the other bigger salt pack was double the size but needed double the amount of salt. I have used half of this and although the bath water stayed completely clear and there was no bubbles whatsoever, I actually found it really relaxing and slept super well that night. Placebo effect? Maybe... but i'll take whatever makes me sleep even better than I already do!



Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturising Body Oil 
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturising Body Oil
I picked this up after reading TheSundayGirl's post on it a while back, checked the ingredients, like the look of it and so I bought it! I've tried it once now and first things first, this smells SOOOOOO nice. If you like the cocoa and shea butter scent, this is a really nice product. I would not exactly call it a light formula or that it sinks in immediately, it is an oil after all, and not a dry oil... However, having said that, it really is pleasant to use and I have used this in baths as well. It's also nice to use as a shaving oil. Multipurpose! 



 COLAB Sheer + Invisible dry shampoo - Monaco
COLAB Sheer + Invisible Dry Shampoo - Monaco
I would have preferred to pick up the  Extreme Volume version as I realise I use a tiny bit of that whereas I tend to go a little crazy about this version. This is quite a fresh fragrance and just smells like holiday. I don't know how else to explain it, but it smells like holiday. I REALLY LIKE IT. It truly is difficult to choose a favourite fragrance with the COLAB range.. I like the London, and now Monaco, I also like Rio.. and Paris.. I have not tried New York but my goodness... LOVE.

Ps. Those shoes are from TK Maxx and are really comfortable. 




Not to forget about oral hygiene, I picked up a combination of Aquafresh "my big teeth" mouthwash and Wisdom Fresh effect Tongue Cleaner 
This may be TMI but I do not have the nicest smelling breath when I first wake up in the morning. The boyfriend has kindly told me about it. LOL. Instead of getting pissed I just laughed at him but he was the perfect person to help me "test" things. I have found that a tongue cleaner really helps with any breath issues. 
The mouthwash I picked up because it looks cute and since it is alcohol and sugar free, I did not mind trying it as I really do not like the alcohol ones, and nobody will be rinsing their mouth with sugar... after brushing their teeth. RIGHT?


So that was a bit of a random haul, with some bits from Superdrug but most of it was from TK Maxx, which I really enjoy browsing as you can find the most random things! Do you shop at TK Maxx?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS