Wednesday 29 April 2015

Empties #13

 Next month I should have a big empties as I have so many almost finishing items which I was so tempted to include in this month's empties!
However, I somehow managed to resist, and for now, let's crack on.




Starting off with hair products.
COLAB Tokyo Sheer Invisible Dry Shampoo - lovely but I prefer the London and Rio scent. I have these so will not be repurchasing the Tokyo scent.
Salon Science Hydraluxe Shampoo - This works and for a full product line review, I wrote a blogpost which you can read HERE. I am currently trialing the Neutrogena T-Gel so have not repurchased this. I would repurchase.
Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturising Conditioner  - finally finished this beast of a product. I do really like this but do buy the pump if you don't have a smaller bottle to decant it into because towards the end, it is a big pain to use this. It softens and hydrates my hair. I am currently using cheaper conditioners but may come back to this.



Some wipes I purchase again and again
 Boots Essentials Moisturising Cleansing Wipes 
 Boots Essentials Cucumber Cleansing Wipes - - I don't really have a preference with these and buy all 3 offerings (blue is the normal one) and I just use them when I am applying make up to take it off the back of my hand or to remove swatches and so on. Have repurchased



Baby wipes when makeup remover wipes are not up to scratch
Huggies Pure Baby Wipes - I almost prefer baby wipes because they are bigger and often they are wetter than makeup wipes. These are also cheaper whenever I get them at £1 for 64 wipes!



Onto some bodycare and skincare products
Bliss FatGirlSlim - this is a gel which you can massage on your "problem" areas and it is meant to tone it up. I cannot even remember the claims but I hated this and only managed about 1/2 before I poured it down my toilet. I hate the packaging as it goes everywhere and the smell and the texture... If it was a different texture I would have been fine with the packaging or if it was in a pump dispenser I don't think I would have hated it so much. As it stands, I did not manage to use this enough to tell you anything except that it was really runny and annoying to use.



Lush Charity Pot Hand & Body Lotion - This smelled very floral and was pleasant enough to use but it was greasy so I would not use it on my hands really... and the tin was sometimes difficult to open properly. Much as I liked how flat and compact it was, it just wasn't as convenient as I first thought it would be.
L'occitane Cherry Princess Solid Perfume - I have to throw this out as it is now scentless. Considering I have had this since 2012, I am not the least bit surprised that when I opened this to sniff that I smelled nothing really. I do remember it being very lovely.



Some skincare products
Clarins Daily Energiser Cleansing Gel - pleasant but I no longer really use gel cleansers so will not purchase the full size. Once upon a time I did use it!
Clarins Extra-Firming Neck Cream - did not use this sample for ages but it smells incredible (typical Clarins signature scent) and the cream actually sinks in really quickly. Very nice and if I had the budget I would purchase but this is a luxury I will not indulge in for the moment.



The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil - I prefer the cleansing balm but this is really bang for your buck, a little goes a long way and it is effective in breaking down makeup. I am not the biggest fan of the scent but it is so subtle.




Nuxe Huile-Prodigieuse dry oil - I finished up a little sample of this and although I have kept the bottle, I will not repurchase because I simply prefer the Caudalie offering.



Two lip balms that I am finally done with
Sanctuary Lip Balm - this, when new, smelt incredible, like juicy mangoes. I think the colour has changed since I first bought it and frankly I am just really tired of it and with so many lip balms I have decided to say goodbye to this one.
Face Stockholm Lip Treatment - when I first received this I was not impressed but on my mission to finish it, I actually grew to love it more and more until when I eventually finished it, there was a slight sense of sadness but an immense "OMG one lip balm DOWN!"



Here's another item which I technically did not finish...
Boots Skin Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets - don't waste your money with these.. They need to be torn off and are incredibly difficult to do so! So you spend a good 5 minutes trying to tear a stupid sheet off and because it contains a bit of powder (which I do not mind on the face) when you finally yank one sheet off, the powder seems to go everywhere. Not lovely when you are wearing any form of black!


 Onto some makeup bits
Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Dark - I really enjoyed using this and for the longest time I would not go anywhere without it. I have since found a dupe (read it HERE)


Onto the three mascaras which I have binned
Givenchy Effet Extension Mascara - I really liked this and have a second one because I bought two at the airport. There has since been a new formula which has more impact but I have heard that it dries faster. I still love the round ball applicator and would repurchase!
Clinique High Impact Mascara - this was alright, a nice mascara but as a high-end mascara I was not blown away by it. It has a bristle applicator and many people like this but I will not intentionally repurchase this.
Clarins Be Long Mascara - I was not expecting to like this but it was surprisingly all I wore until it started to dry out on me. The formula was really nice and I did not experience any stinging (some reviews I read) or any irritation. I am unable to report if my lashes are indeed longer from the nourishment but any mascara which has additional care ingredients are a bonus in my book! Would repurchase but I have so many mascaras to trial at the moment.


Lastly, is a gift from Bob so I do feel a tad bad.
 Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer - I have no idea what shade this is but it is slightly dark for me at the moment, which means it actually works well as a corrector. It genuinely does not crease and is really good under the eyes but it just is quite heavy and I have realised that I do not suit heavy undereye concealing and the dark circles make me feel.. me. It may sound crazy to you (it sounds crazy to me) but that is just how it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS