Monday 29 December 2014

December Empties

It is December Empties time!

Let's see what I have for the final month of December!

MAKEUP


Glam Black Mascara
So this came in my beautybox and although it says black, it is really brown and it was so clumpy that the first time I tried it, I took a picture and then it was straight in the bin!
I am curious to try brown mascara but now think that I should just stick to black since my eyelashes are naturally black anyway!




SKINCARE


Philosophy Purity Cleanser
This is a sample size which I used to clean my beautyblender after watching Coffee Time With Dani.
I do like this and have a bigger bottle, the christmas tree ornament size, which I leave at my boyfriend's because it triples up as an eye make up remover and toner!
Also, this is gentle and is really nice all round.
I bought the 90ml earlier in the year when it was half price because it was a Christmas release, making it cheaper than the big bottle you can get! Do wait out for that deal ;)



Rodial Stemcell Super-food facial oil
 Described as a facial oil and a serum in the proper description, this is quite lightweight, but certainly more of an oil (perhaps a dry oil) and sinks in quickly.
I have a bigger bottle but used this sample up in Switzerland.
I will finish up my sample bottle, but will not purchase a full bottle.
It is nice, but not life-changing.



Caudalie Moisture Recovery Cream
 This is targeted at dry skin and is nice for winter days and nights. I tend to use it when my skin needs an extra boost of moisture. I have quite a few tubes of moisturiser targeted at dry skin so I probably will not repurchase but this is a good find undoubtedly.



Merumaya Iconic Youth Serum
When you grab a toothpick and scrap every last drop of the product, you know it is a winner.
I really like the Merumaya products I have used and I enjoy this as well as the night cream immensely. I find it difficult to justify the price tag, but will probably repurchase as a treat. I wish Debenhams/Boot stocked it so I can at least collect points of something!



Merumaya Melting Cleansing Balm
This feels like quite a luxe product for me and I have been using it every night to take my make up off but the bottle is still going strong. I finished up this sample sachet, but still have the full size. I highly recommend this!



Merumaya Overnight Recharge Night Cream
I am pretty upset this is all gone. I received this as a sample and enjoyed every bit of it. I will repurchase when I get other stuff as there is shipping cost, which I typically hate paying for or may pop into John Lewis to grab it.



Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Cream
This was a sample by a kind man working at the King's Cross branch and I actually really enjoyed using this. I am unsure if I will purchase because I currently have quite a lot of eye cream to finish up, from origins and from Clarins. It is pleasant but I did not really see any major difference to my eye area, but then again, I do not usually!



Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate
This smells really nice and now I know why people enjoy using it so much! I doubt I will purchase it only because I love the Clarins Lotus Oil and have just repurchased that. I do understand the hype about this product now and recommend anyone to grab a sample just to try it out.



NUXE Micellar Cleansing Water
This Micellar water is actually really nice! It smells faintly of roses (in the nice, non-artificial way) and is a breeze to take make up off. However, as Bioderma works just as well and is cheaper, I am unlikely to purchase this. However, this is a really nice product and if you can afford it, is worth a splurge and treat!



L'occitane Milk Concentrate
I have actually finished up 3 packets of this over the month, which I do kind of wish I saved, but the whole reason I have 3 packets of the sample is because I kept saving them and I thought it was high time I used up all these small samples. I do really like this and I recommend L'occitane products generally. I do own the L'occitane Almond Milk Lotion



BODYCARE

Esthetic Fig Brown Sugar Shower Gel
 This is a Swiss product and brand (as far as I know) but it is something from my family friend and I finished it up. I cannot say it is my favourite scent so will not be looking into it any further.



The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter
I brought this along on my holiday so that everyone could help me use it up and it is finally done!
I did love this, but it is quite a strong, fruity scent, and being me, I got tired of it and just wanted to move on!



Yves Rocher Fresh Rose Body Lotion
This lasted a very long time and I went off the scent because it is really intense (very fresh!) but it just put me off using it as I did not always fancy smelling like I just rolled around in roses!
I also prefer body butters to body lotions as I like the thicker creamier formula.



Adore Body Lotion
I am pretty sure I received this from one of those people on the streets who offer you a small sample and try to talk to you about their products in store. After all, nothing is free in this world! This smells nice enough, being a mixture of chamomile linden blossom and lemon, but it was nothing spectacular and I will not purchase a proper sized tube.





HAIRCARE

Dove Hair Therapy Intensive Repair Conditioner
I have finished yet another of this little bottles, one tube typically lasts me about 3 hair washes, not a lot at all but I do have long and rather thick hair.
This smells typically of Dove, is a nice enough conditioner, nothing groundbreaking but it works and I do like it. I am not inclined to purchase the big bottle but neither will I say I will never do it.
Cheap and cheerful comes to mind.


Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur Liquid Silk Hair Repair
I bought this even though it looks like a sample size. I believe you can get 2 uses out of this, and perhaps 3-4 if you have short hair but I used it all up at one go (I do have rather thick and long-ish hair). I liked the small packet it came in, and back when I was in Poland, christmas 2013, I bought a few, but this is the last of the lot to be used up!



Orgnx Coconut & Macadamia Oil Intensive Repair Treatment
Although this felt really intensive and moisturising and I got about 2 uses out of the sample, it smelled too strong for me (absolutely of coconut) so I will not be purchasing a full size of this.




MISCELLANEOUS


Bausch & Lomb
 I have used up loads of these and do not actually have a preference when it comes to contact lens solution, as long as it cleans and works!




Opti-Free
As I said, I have no preference, I like that this is small, to travel with, but the bottle is not my favourite shape.



Sensodyne Repair Toothpaste
Pretty sure half a tube of this was given to me by my very generous boyfriend so I brought it travelling with me and used it up. Nothing fancy and I will not purchase a full size as my teeth are not sensitive or need fancy help, if anything I need a whitening one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS