Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 Favourites!

I have been wanting to do this post for a long time!

The items featured have been featured many times on monthly favourites and I am trying to just narrow it down to one item for each thing in the category. So let's get started.





MAKEUP
Foundation
This has to go to my Shu Uemura foundation which has been featured in so many monthly favourites posts!
There are contenders yes, but if I had to pick one foundation it would definitely be this.


BB/CC Cream/ Tinted Moisturiser
I hope no one thinks I am cheating but this goes to the Bourjois CC Cream. I prefer this over my Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser most of the time as well, so this is a true winner.


Blusher
It was genuinely agonising to decide this but I have decided to have only one favourite.
It may come as no surprise that my favourite cream blusher is the NARS Matte Multiple, it really is gorgeous and is just the right colour and pigmentation for me. I chose cream blusher over powder because this is what I grab when I am on the go and is what I could not live without (maybe).


Highlighter
Benefit Sunbeam
I have many highlighters but this one provides the most satisfying glow and shine, I love that it is liquid gold to look at and although the pinkish highlighters sometimes look really beautiful too, this is my 2014 favourite.

Bronzer
Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer
I have since purchased a full size of this bronzer which I am still waiting to get from the States because the colour is perfect.


Lip Pen
NARS Velvet Lip in Damned.
I absolutely love this colour and I know I will be repurchasing either this or Cruella if I run out.

Lip Pencil
KIKO Pencil
I know this is quite a new addition but I have been loving this so much I could not leave it out of the list.


Lipstick
Mac Diva
I have a whole range of lipstick colours but when I want to make an impact, I always come back to Mac Diva. If I had to pick a favourite red, it would be Ruby Woo ;)


Lipgloss
Burberry Lip Glow
This is just so beautiful, does not feel sticky, lightweight and the packaging is everything. I tend to take this out because when it comes out of the handbag, someone always comments on how gorgeous it is!


Lip Stain
YSL Lip Stain in 105
I know I am cheating, but I have so so so so many lip products that it is pretty much a miracle that I have managed to narrow it down to these as it is!


Eyebrow Pencil
Shu Uemura Hard 9 in Seal Brown is my absolute choice, no contenders. I love and prefer this to everything I own and have, which include a lot of eyebrow pencils. I particularly love the sword shape it is sharpened into, making everything easy peasy.


Eyebrow Gel
Benefit Gimme Brow is a God sent. I do not think I have read any posts where people do not like it. When I am wearing minimal make up, I swipe this on. I tend to have this by itself, or combined with the Shu Uemura Hard 9 pencil for a more precise look.


Eyeshadow Cream
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze

Eyeshadow Pens
Sephora Dark Brown


Eyeshadow palette
NARS And God created the woman

Brushes
Ecotools Brushes - Blush, Powder
Shu Uemura 20
Mac 214


SKINCARE

Ren Clear Calm Clay
I am on my third bottle of this (I finished one, left half a bottle at the boyfriend's and am on the third) and if that does not tell you anything, I do not know what will!


Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm
This is a cult classic, for good reason. Apart from the extortionate price tag, if you can afford it, I do highly recommend it. It is a luxury to use and just makes cleansing feel so pampering and it smells divine.


Peter Thomas Roth 10% Glycolic Acd
I have tried some others, but this is my favourite exfoliating toner. I have repurchased and I enjoy using this daily. I skip it when my skin feels a little sensitive to have a break, but I do enjoy this step and feel like a little goes a long way.


Caudalie Organic Grape Water
If you are a reader of this blog, you hear me rave about this so much and I have included it in so many monthly favourites that it is slightly embarrassing, but I really do love it that much. I continue to love this.


Merumaya Iconic Youth Serum
I really like to use this at night and the smell is herbal and a nice change from the florals.


Caudalie Polyphenol Serum
When I first started using this I did not notice much, but actually the light texture absorbs quickly and the technology it promises is plentiful. I enjoy using this in the morning and tend to use it if I am on a long haul flight.


Caudalie Polyphenol Moisturiser
Over the Caudalie serum, I use this moisturiser. I first tried it in a sample box and I am now hooked on it. It has SPF 20, which means I do not need another one (apart from summer time when I may use another moisturiser or just a good sunscreen). I will be purchasing this again.


NUXE Reve De Miel Lip Balm
This is still my favourite lip balm for day and night. It is lovely and thick and feels slightly gritty, which I really enjoy. It soothes my lips and just feels amazing. It is a really good base for lipstick afterwards as well.


Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
I simply cannot have a yearly favourites without mentioning this multitasking wonder. If even the NUXE lip balm fails, this is what will rescue it. I also use this on cuticles and on my brows if I do not have anything else at hand. It also works as a highlighter but I use it very sparingly for fear of looking greasy. It also helps protects my nose when I have irritated it too much when I have a cold.



BODYCARE

The Body Shop Aloe Body Butter
It was difficult to pick one flavour from The Body Shop range, but I know I love the aloe one for its versatility. Some days I like the refreshing olive, and some days I like the fruity blueberry, but on most days, the aloe goes with everything I may layer on top and provides immediate relief to my skin.


L'occitane Almond Shower Oil
This is the best shower oil. I have tried a few but none compares and on lazy days, I do not need an additional moisturiser because this is nourishing enough. It also doubles up as an excellent shaving gel.



Jo Malone Wisteria & Violet
I wear this all season through from Spring to Winter, so I think it deserves 2014 favourite status!



HAIRCARE

Macadamia Mask
This hair mask smells divine and really leaves the hair softer and smoother. I would repurchase just based on the smell so it really is a bonus that it is really intensive and works a treat!


Caudalie Divine Oil
Although I have put it under haircare, I also use this on my body and sometimes on my face. I love how versatile this is and the smell is gorgeous. I have used bottles of this and will continue repurchasing.


Aveda Scalp Remedy Shampoo
I have gone through 1 litre of this and 2 small bottles and nothing works better on my sensitive scalp. I am still on the hunt for a cheaper shampoo that works as well but for now, this holds a special place in my heart and bathroom shelf.



Apologies for the lack of photos, I lost some, and some items I do not have with me anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS