Friday 5 September 2014

Orange you happy, Bob?

Orange was so last season, Bob.

I know. Tell me about it. But I can't get enough of it! 

The moment I saw orange being the 'IT' colour on the Spring '14, my eyes would not stray. You could ask Christabel all about my orange obsession. Every shop, every orange, every swatch. And she could vouch for me that I've got a building collection of orange based lipsticks in my drawer. For the love of makeup, I don't know why I'm obsessed with it.  I feel like in this post, I'd have to share with you every Orange journey I've taken in the year itself and I think I am very content with my purchases. I'm done looking for Orange.

In started with:
  1. MAC Neon Orange, 2012, Amplified, £15.50.
  2. Topshop Rio Rio, 2012, Satin Matte, £8.00.
  3. Nars Cinematic Short Circuit, Nov 2013, Luminous finish, Limited, £19.50
  4. Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstacy CC Tangerine, January 2014, Moisturising, £26.50.
  5. Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro Flesh, February 2014, Matte Lacquer, £26.50.
  6. Maybelline Color Sensational Shine Gloss Electric Orange, March 2014, Glossy, £6.12.
  7. Nars Satin Lip Pencil Timanfaya, May 2014, Satin, Limited, £18.00.
  8. MAC Pro Longwear Pencil What a Blast!, July 2014, Matte, £15.00
  9. OCC Lip Tar Beta, July 2014, Matte, £11.95.
  10. Givenchy Le Rouges Fruit Défendu, July 2014, Amplified, Limited, £25.00.
  11. Bobbi Brown Lip Rich Color Blazing Red, July 2014, Matte Moisturising, £19.50.
  12. Nars Lipgloss Wonder, July 2014, Gloss, £18.50.
If I had to pick a favourite and to wear one anytime, anyday. I think I would pick OCC Lip Tar Beta. It's such a bright yellow tone orange that lasts so long and has a very comfortable finish to wear (4th one down in swatches)



Swatches in the Shade and Natural Light.
1 to 13 (bottom up)

And to finish the orange post, I decided to make one final orange purchase to tie the whole look together when I wear my orange lip and that is an all rounder blush that compliments these lipstick:


NARS Taj Mahal
(Blazing Burnt Orange with Golden Shimmer)



Have you got something orange lurking in your make up that you love? Please do share it with me in the comment box!









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS