Saturday 2 August 2014

Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion

Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion
In all honesty, I have not tried another eye primer so I cannot comment, but I really would like to share my experience of this eye primer with you.

Here are the 4 primers, dotted on my hand in order or appearance = Anti-ageing, original, Sin, Eden
(the last two were swatched opposite, so purple cap to tawny matte finish which is the last swatch, and gold cap to the champagne shimmer finish, which is the 3rd swatch)


Here they are blended out


It is difficult to comment on the properties of the anti-ageing one, but if you are older and are worried about fine lines or wrinkles, it is worth investing in it because it is of the same price, just with more skincare properties.


I own the original primer potion and I have had it for about 4 years now and it is still going strong.
I have never tried another eye primer potion because I have not had the need to because this is still about 1/3 to go, and it just performs for me.

Perhaps when it is all finished, I would want to try something else, but for now, I see no need in getting anything else, because that is how good it is.



I believe in investing in face bases more than eye make up or lip product, especially if you have an eye primer potion, even a £1 shadow, out performs itself.


The primer potion really does help eyeshadow to be more vibrant, but more importantly, to stay on the eyes and not slip and slide all over the face.
Eyeliner is also longer lasting with this underneath.

A little really goes a long way and if in doubt, get the original.
If you are worried about fine lines and wrinkles, get the anti-ageing.
If you like wearing slightly shimmery eyeshadows, you really can just wear Sin on its own and not require any eyeshadow for a slight colour.
If you prefer a matte finish, you can choose Eden.


I recommend the original primer potion, it was all the rage back in the day.
I feel that people do not talk about it as often now because most people either already use this, or they are using the Nars/Benefit/Too Faced one.

Either way, if you are not using an eyeshadow primer, what are you waiting for?


Let me know in the comments if you have tried this and others and which you prefer and why. I love hearing from my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS