Friday 1 August 2014

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

A blog post dedicated to one single item....
You know it is serious stuff then.


Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream
 I have here 2 different versions, the original scent and the fragrance free version.
I am pretty sure the small travel size one came free when I picked up the fragrance free version as well as a lipgloss at the Elizabeth Arden counter at House of Fraser, King William Street.
This was ages ago, but the lady was super nice and gave me a whole load of samples, including eye cream, serum, day and night cream and this travel size eight hour cream.




 I picked the fragrance free version because I prefer the scent and yes, it still has a scent to it.
The original smells nice, like face cream, whereas the fragrance free version smells a little musky/woody.
It really is hard to explain and I have been told most people prefer the original scent, but surely Elizabeth Arden came out with the fragrance free version for a reason?
 I do not hate the original version, I just prefer the fragrance free version.


So why this post? First of all, I love multi-tasking products.
I always have the travel size in my travel bag because it doubles up as a really intense moisturiser, lip balm, eye brow tamer, highlighter, cream, so on and so forth.


Most of all, I rediscovered its magic recently



A few weeks ago I fell sick and had a really bad case of cough and cold. It actually developed into a fever which is why I felt absolutely terrible.
I drank lots because that is what everyone always tells you, but I was still really dehydrated and my lips were a state.

I will not insert a picture because it looks horrible, and sort of gross in all honesty.

My friend commented they looked sore when I mentioned it to her, and they were SORE. SO SO SORE!


I was at Superdrug looking for something and anything to salvage my lips and I almost bought the Nivea SOS balm but ended up taking Sarah Marie (said friend) 's advice on trying out my Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream.

I went home, slathered it on generously and tried not to eat or smudge it when I was drinking and when it got to dinner time, my lips were no longer sore and they were not flaky or gross!

Sleeping overnight in this meant that less than 24 hours later, my lips were normal!

Now I know that this is a multipurpose product and I actually have a full size and a travel size of this as well as the lip balm (I do not like this) but this 8 hour cream, truly performs.
If you have never tried it, I highly recommend that you do, but do not buy the lip balm, it is really disappointing, Vaseline feels nicer.
It will not disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS