Friday 18 July 2014

Hair Masks

I love hair masks and here are a few I have tried and thought I would run through them with you.

The ones I have tried out so far are going to be discuss below.
KABOOM!






Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque
This smells divine.
It smells so so so so good and it really leaves my hair super soft.
I do save this for a once fortnightly sort of treat!






Ojon Hair Treatment
 This is actually not a proper hair mask. The first time I used it, I used it incorrectly.
 It is meant to be used 20 minutes before you shampoo your hair and the balm is melted between your palms to warm it into an oil. It is a pre-shampoo treatment.
I do like this, but the scent is not the most pleasant and I do not think I will repurchase as I tend to use almond oil as a pre-shampoo massage and that costs a lot less.






Astelance Mud Mask
 I got this at a recent Cult Beauty haul and I really like it.
 I tend to save it for my scalp as it does soothe my horrendous scalp.
It leaves my hair rather soft too but I save it mainly for my scalp and use another conditioner or mask for my hair.
It smells clean and is not overpowering. It is also quite light in texture and consistency, which is nice since I am actually using it on my scalp and not my actual hair.






Aveda Dry Remedy Hair Mask
This is my all time favourite mask so far,
I have not tried the new reformulated one but I am using the conditioner (yes I caved) but so far this always delivers.
This is a slightly yellow and very creamy textured mask.
I love that it is really thick and I actually love the scent of this.
It has since been reformulated and the scent changed!
I have grown to love the new scent as well, but I am about 1/3 left with this and am trying to save it!







Silk Honey Shea Butter Hair Mask
This actually came in my June Birchbox and was one of the first items I tried and used up.
I used the item up in 3 washes.
I liked the smell of this, which was not strong and this brand is suppose to be very natural, however it was really light and I would use this more like a conditioner rather than a hair mask!





James Brown Intensive Moisture Mask
I decided to put this in as I bought it at Boots in Clapham Junction for a fraction of the price.
I have used this repeatedly before, and I used it last night to just remember what about it I love.
This is suppose to be a scalp and hair mask, but I save it for my hair as I love the thick and rich texture.
It smells really nice, not in a floral way but a rich scent (I am so bad at describing this).
It rinses out very easily and leaves my hair soft.




Garnier Avocado and Shea Butter Hair Mask
I do not have a picture of this because I did not manage to take it back from Sweden (Anna bought it for me, what a babe) and had it in a little bottle.
UK does the 1 Minute Treatment of this, and it smells exactly the same, and this is my favourite Garnier conditioner/mask.
It leaves the hair soft and smells really nutty instead of the usual intense floral.
It is not expensive and does the job.
What is not to love?





I do think that hair products are very personal, as I tend to prefer thick conditioners because I have thick hair which is not easily weighed down.
I hope my take on these products will help you on your search for the perfect hair mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS