Monday 21 April 2014

Cleansing Balms

Now,
I haven't actually used a ton of Beauty Balms, but tried out 2 and I'll be reviewing them so that you can have an idea of what you need/want.
There are plenty of reviews on the internet, but I personally love reading loads to do a comparison.


I have normal/combination skin as I tend to get a little oily in the T zone but normal everywhere else. I am not prone to break outs.



The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

 This costs £12 for 90ml,
much cheaper than most cleansing balms in the market.
This has a nice, gentle scent and is a hard texture, hence the "butter" in its name.
I like to use this as a first cleanse, rather than a second cleanse because it tends to be more emollient in nature and has shea butter quite high up the list.
So I grab a scoop and melt it in my palms and massage it all over my face including my eyes to get the make up off.
It works well for a first cleanse.
I am currently on my 3rd tin of this stuff and am almost out, but I have one last one as a back up.
Repurchase? Maybe, because I LOVE the next cleansing balm I am to talk about, and I have The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil which I like very much as well.

Ps This is definitely the better of the two for travelling!












Emma Hardie Natural Lift Moringa Cleansing Balm
This little baby is £36 for 100ml.
I have been using it everyday since I bought it and it smells heavenly.
I use it as a first cleanse and even as the second cleanse sometimes.
Some days I leave it on while I take a shower and take it off with a flannel when I am out, to get the "mask" effect and benefits.
This is £36 well spent, I do use less of this compared to The Body Shop one and a little goes a long way.
My main gripe with this is the packaging.
The packaging is not even ok standards. It looks nice enough in its gold packaging, but the plastic was cracked when I first received it and it had tiny little leaks.
I really wanted to use it so I did not bother to take it back to store and have all the faff.
The packaging still annoys me as I can see some oils caught here and there.
For a product which is £36, I expect a sturdier packaging, but the actual product is heavenly.
Repurchase? Not anytime soon as I still have quite a lot of this to go (whoosh!) but very possibly when I am running low or running out!

Do not take this travelling as the container will more than likely spill or split (reviews)





I hope you found this review helpful. Do you use cleansing balms to cleanse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS