Tuesday 30 January 2018

All About Lips #154 - Duck Cosmetics Discovery




Duck Cosmetics is relatively new in the market (compared to the giants like Maybelline) and it is a local brand which made me pretty excited to check it out!




Duck Cosmetics actually offer lip glosses (#glossipgirl), lipsticks (#lipstickwitu) and lip creams (matt decisions lip creams). I only picked up 1 lip gloss and 1 lipstick to try out.





I personally think the packaging is really cute and that a lot of thought has gone into it.





I mean, can we take a moment to appreciate the artwork? I don't know who the artist is, but I am impressed!





It is easy to spot and makes it obvious what product you are buying since the lady in the picture is using the said product!





Now that white bit with the photo is actually just a sleeve for this purple box. Purple is a very big theme with Duck Cosmetics, I would go as far as to guess that it is their colour?





Now, as cute as I think the packaging is, I do find that it is quite excessive in that look at the size of the actual product vs the box!





The #glossipgirl shade I picked up was Iconic Jenny as it looked like an easy to wear shade.





The doe foot applicator is quite bog standard and the lip gloss is actually very shimmery and glittery. However, the shade is such that it does not look jarring on my lips but it is very plumping due to the shimmer and glitter. Quite an interesting lip gloss I must say!





Then we have the lipstick, which again if we compare the box to the actual lipstick, the box is huge! It feels like a waste because I don't know anyone who would keep the boxes, and while I hope most of us now recycle, it is still a lot of packaging for a very little thing.





There are so many shades but the one I picked up was Frankly Susan. Now I have a confession, I really do not like the name "Frank" or "Susan". If you are reading this and your name is either Frank or Susan, I apologise. It just is not my pick.





The lipstick has a magnetic closure (ahh so satisfying) and is all round beautiful. The Duck Cosmetics symbol is there and is very pretty, and the bullet twists open to reveal the rose gold bullet.





More importantly, the shade is just an everyday warm nude that I have been reaching for over and over again.





I personally prefer the lipstick because I love the shade and the packaging. I also find lipsticks easier to wear in general.

The price points of these products are not extortionate, but neither are they affordable for what they are. If you are interested in Duck Cosmetics, they offer a loose powder, makeup removers for different skin types, as well as eyeshadow palettes (I have swatched these and the pigmentation is very impressive but I do not like the bulky packaging).

Have you tried Duck Cosmetics (or as they call us, duckies) or are you interested in this local brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS