Sunday 6 August 2017

Sunburn saviours


First off, I hope you slathered enough sunscreen on and that you are looking more to cool down than a proper sunburn but I had a really bad sunburn a few weeks ago so I decided to write this post to note down what actually helped me!





There are mainly two brands featured here and one is Caudalie which I trust explicitly. 

The Caudalie Organic Grape Water is the top spritz in my arsenal and I buy this in bulk. I literally bought 6 cans of this, which is the maximum you are allowed to buy at one shot. I love this and I have one in the fridge, one in the office and one at my desk at home! 

The Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum is a repurchase for me because it is just so lovely on the skin. I love it for both day and night and it sinks in immediately. All skin types would love this and other products go on nicely on top. It has a gentle scent which is non-irritating or offensive.

The Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet is a deluxe size but I have had samples of these. I tend to save these because the light texture feels really gentle and non-irritating on the skin. It is nice for daily use but it really comes through when your skin is feeling hot and bothered, that is when this moisturiser just soothes and calms!





Fresh is another brand I really trust.

The Fresh Soy Face Cleanser is so gentle that I use it most mornings to cleanse my face. However on sunburnt skin, this does not aggravate or irritate. The aloe, cucumber and amino acids are all very calming on the skin. It cleanses without stripping!

The Fresh Rose Face Mask is such a treat for the skin. I have actually finished this deluxe size but I really treasure it. I tend to leave it on as a mask rather than rinse it off after 10 minutes because it sinks right into the skin and never breaks me out. The scent is of fresh roses (rather than synthetic rose scent bleurgh) and I love this mask. It just costs too much for me to justify purchasing a full size!




Lastly, keep hydrated and aloe vera gel is a god-sent (unless you are allergic, make sure you patch test!) I have also recently read that coconut oil helps and I tried it and it absolutely helps with sunburnt skin. I tend to use it in the evening and my skin feels soothed and amazing.

I hope this helps and guys, please use sunscreen and take care of your skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS