Sunday 27 March 2016

March Favourites

First of all, let me apologise that I have not put up a monthly favourites for the past two months. The truth is that I simply didn't have any idea what to put up and so decided not to just write a post for the sake of meeting a self-imposed deadline.


I do not have too many for the month of March but some are revisits and some are new discoveries.



Aveda Scalp Benefits Shampoo


This one is definitely a rediscovery. I have loved this and I am pretty sure it has been featured before but the shampoo has a distinctive herbally smell which I initially disliked but grew to accept. The magic lies in how my scalp feels soothed and non-itchy after washing. It definitely is not a one use miracle, rather it is one that grows on me. My only gripe is that it is not available in Malaysia!



Eve Lom Morning Cleanser


I have tried the original Eve Lom Cleanser, and I think this one was made to be lighter, hence the morning cleanser. I prefer everything about this. The texture is lighter, the packaging is a tube rather than a tub. The tube even has a funny/kind of cool/kind of gimmicky opening but it means that no product is exposed to the air when you have taken as much as you need. I have heard complaints of the smell, personally I have no issue with it and my skin is always left really soft after using. I probably will not repurchase as it is so so pricey but if you love the original Eve Lom Cleanser (which I thought was alright, not on par with Emma Hardie Amazing Moringa Cleanser), check this one out - I use it every morning and thoroughly enjoy it!


If you wanted a look at the ingredients I have included a picture of it here.



The Natural Bar Facial Oil


When I first started using this, I was not sure about it. As a natural skincare brand, this felt a little heavier and oilier than the oils I generally use. Just a side note : I have normal-combination skin. However, using this at night after washing my face and before my night cream, has proven to be the perfect touch. My skin is really soft and hydrated in the morning. It does not overwhelm, but take care not to overuse! Just 3-4 drops and that is plenty for your entire face and neck, with some even going on to the ends of my hair. The packaging could be a little better as the twisty bit sometimes is hard to open up, but I love the aesthetics of it.  This one is a winner in my books and my friend Bob who has dry skin uses this morning and night! She ADORES it.


Here is a look at the ingredients. Excellent ingredients, they work but the bottle needs help.




Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream


Another rediscovery, I always have a tube of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream stashed somewhere. Partly because I have 1 full size and 1 travel size (or is it 2?) and you need such a tiny amount that the tubes lasts forever. I think this is the big guns when I have really chapped lips and no time to give it time to heal up with love and lanolips. If I have a dry patch like on my shin, I will put this on and somehow the itch stops, I feel better and all is well once again. I prefer the unscented version personally.



Tiger Balm



This was a gift recently received and boy has it come in handy. The balm is slightly reddish brown in colour and starts off with a gentle tingle as if to let you know its presence and then it slowly warms up and feels so good on any achy spots. I can foresee this being very addictive so a word of caution! Apart from the addiction, I have definitely been enjoying this  for the month of March.




You may have noticed that there are no make up items this month but it is because I am testing a few bits out and there are some favourites but I have not loved them for the entire month so I probably will feature it next month instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS