Friday 31 July 2015

July Favourites

July appears to be a month of skincare and makeup favourites, I have quite a few rediscoveries and just 1 new addition to my regular skincare.




Starting off with SKINCARE products



La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid SPF50+
The whole La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL range has excellent sunscreens which come with raving reviews. I took a chance on this one and absolutely love it. It is very light (as evident on the name) and when first applied, just glides onto the skin. This is a chemical sunscreen and when I had sunburnt cheeks, my other sunscreens and even aloe vera gel was hurting my face, but this did not cause any reaction and in fact somewhat soothe it by giving a layer of protection. I am so impressed with this and although tempted to try another in the range, I already like this so much that in a way I do not feel the need to! I will definitely repurchase!



Melvita Orange Blossom Extraordinary Water
Although this is an extra step, I genuinely think that it helps. With glycerin and hyaluronic acid, I really enjoyed putting this on my face (I go in straight with hands, without cotton pads), then serum and moisturiser/mask. I especially loved this when my skin was slightly sunburnt - July problems!



Pixi Glow Tonic
Although I did not bring it/use it during holidays, I really enjoyed using this throughout the month before my holidays. I think this is my favourite exfoliating acid toner as it is effective whilst still remaining gentle. Also how cute is this dinky travel size one (I keep refilling it up).



No7 Protect & Perfect Lip Care
This is a lip cream as opposed to balm, and it sinks in and does not leave a shiny/glossy finish which is nice to prep for matte lipsticks. It also has a yummy scent and taste! I have been using this lots but do tend to go overboard with it. Whoops. I've featured this on my blog so read more about it HERE.



Caudalie Polyphenol Anti-Wrinkle Defense Serum
I have had 2 full size bottles of this and this little dinky travel size, which I kept and refill with the actual product. I love how fluid it is and I use it every morning under my moisturiser. ALWAYS. 



On to MAKEUP



Shiseido Eyelash Curlers
I have Shu Uemura and Shiseido Eyelash Curlers and find both to be excellent although the Shiseido ones are more dramatic in curl and the Shu Uemura are sort of more natural. Either way, I always curl my lashes before mascara or just forgo it altogether on no make up days.



Benefit Box o Powder - Dandelion
This is my favourite Box o Powder from Benefit and I have used up 1 other box and this is mys econd, which has seen better days. The brush is really handy and because the pink is light enough, it can be lightly dusted all over the face as a setting powder (when used lightly!) but when built up, gives a really pretty flush to the cheeks.



Maybelline Sensational Mascara
 I know I keep featuring this but it really is great for the price. I love L'oreal Telescopic mascara but this is cheap and works and just everything. Best drugstore mascara.



Shu Uemura Hard 9 Pencil in Seal Brown
Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in Forest Brown
I rediscovered this Shu Uemura Hard 9 pencil after I had my eyebrows threaded and just needed a touch of this on sparse areas, nothing dramatic.
The Maybelline eyeliner is a beautiful dark brown which just gives a softer flick than jet black, and something I have been enjoying.



Burberry Lip Glow - 09 Nude Beige
I rediscovered this and it is one of my favourite lip gloss. The packaging is stunning and I must say I love taking it out of my handbag because it just looks so beautiful. The colour is a beautiful nude which is easy to wear and swipe on without using a mirror. If you would like to see swatches and read more, click HERE.




These are all my favourite and used daily products in July. Do you own any of these items or have any recommendations for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS