Sunday 28 June 2015

Empties #15



 I've really been quite diligent in using up products as I am moving to my boyfriend's place by mid July, and then I'm moving again later, back to Malaysia. So I really am trying to use products up.

Haircare
Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment
I really enjoyed using this and I felt that it did help my hair and I used it when my hair was still damp. I also mixed it into my hair masque (the Macadamia one too) and it was really nourishing. I probably will not repurchase as I am always trying out new hair products.

Charles Worthington Salon at Home Secrets Collection Moisture Seal Intense Rescue Melting Balm
This was alright, I initially enjoyed it but got tired of it. It does smell nice, but I don't think it nourished enough for me to repurchase.

Klorane Oatmilk Dry Shampoo
This is my favourite dry shampoo for super oily/dirty hair. I use it in emergencies and when I cannot wash my hair but really need to, it does give me an extra day. I also like the clean smell of the product. Unfortunately it is a bit pricey, so I tend to get it when there are discounts and sales.

COLAB Sheer Invisible Dry Shampoo - Paris
My first bottle, but not my favourite scent, I love this whole range for its performance and price. WIN.



Skincare
Boots Cleansing Wipes
Another one bites the dust, and I still have a few, easy, efficient. Cheap. (Ps I use it to remove makeup from hands during makeup application)

Nivea Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes
These are really handy in the handbag because of the size. I tend to get 3 for £3 which is a bit more expensive than the Boots one since there are only 7 wipes per pack, but it is handy to have small packs for the handbag for emergencies.

Aromatherapy Associates Rose Skin Tonic
This was insanely lovely to use and I really did enjoy it. I will keep an eye out for it when I am settled down, and I do recommend it. Very lovely.

Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily Defense SPF 50
Thoroughly enjoyed this. I also had to use it on my shoulders as I forgot my sunscreen at Cornwall (I am an idiot) and the shoulders did not burn, but my arms did a little. I really like this and will in all probability repurchase the big size.

Pixi Glow Tonic
I will be decanting the big one into this handy travel size. I love the Pixi Glow Tonic and would thoroughly recommend it.

Oil Absorbing Paper
This was completely useless and I will recommend the Clean & Clear ones if you need oil absorbing sheets.
Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum
I really like this and would repurchase. My skin became less oily when I incorporated this into my skincare. Read more about it HERE.

Merumaya Beauty Oil
This was sent to me ages ago to trial and to report back on what I would prefer and what I like about it. It has now come to the end, and as a multipurpose oil, it was very useful and I really like that it has the Merumaya sort of.. herbally scent. This has not launched but I will try it out when it is to see how different it is and for a more thorough review, read it HERE.

La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water
Not my favourite, I still prefer Caudalie Organic Grape Water.



Bodycare
Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter
This was really lovely and I actually really liked how it had no scent, just plenty of hydration! I would repurchase if I continue to live in the colder climates.

Hand Chemistry Hyaluronic Body Mist
I prefer the Hand Chemistry Hyaluronic Concentrate where it is a gel texture, and this just felt a bit.. rubbish. It was also more pricey and I only managed about 10 uses out of it. Perhaps I spray too much out, but I certainly will not be repurchasing. It also has a ginger scent which I am not a fan. However, the mist nozzle itself really is excellent!

Dr Bronner Peppermint Pure Castille Soap
This massive bottle took me ages to use up. It is not as lovely as the Burt's Bees Peppermint Body Wash, but I like to use this to clean brushes and all. It is also good for washing my hands after cooking as it is really good at killing weird smells!

The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel
I didn't really like this although I love the Oliver Body Butter. The shower gel has a certain scent to it....  I will not be repurchasing this.

The Body Shop Aloe Body Butter
This is a really nice body butter. Not as luxurious as Clinique's Deep Comfort Body Butter featured above, but for the price range, it is good and the scent is so subtle that you can't even smell it.

Sanctuary Spa Body Souffle
This was given to me and the texture is lovely but the scent was quite strong. I will not repurchase as I have other favourites.



Makeup
YSL Glossy Lip Stain in 105
This has gone a little funny and gloopy so it is time to say goodbye. I am seriously considering repurchasing as I love it that much.

Lancome Cils Booster XL
This definitely works but I prefer lengthening to volumising. This does both but there is more volume than length, and there is a tendency for lashes to droop from the sheer weight. This is a good product but it is not one for me.

DJV Volumiser Mascara
This was initially way too wet for me and it really did not work. It was perfect when it dried up a little but that was a pretty short period as it quickly dried out. I will not repurchase because it makes no sense to get something and try to dry it out before I use it.

Helena Rubinstein Mascara
This was very clumpy on me and after many attempts, it only works if I use it in a certain way and it really just not my favourite. It has since dried out (thankfully).

Shu Uemura Calligraphy Pen
It has been an entire year and this is now dried out. I will buy a cartridge refill when I am back in Malaysia because it is cheaper there. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.



Miscellaneous
This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray
I really love this, the lavender is so soothing but my boyfriend think it smells like toilet spray. WHAT?! I do really like this and am tempted to pick up a replacement!

OPI Nail Polish
This... is a colour I like but I cannot get it open. The brush has come out of the handle and I have tried and retried but I just cannot get it open. Time to say goodbye I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS