Thursday 27 December 2018

RMS Beauty - Mod Collection


What do you do when the internet tells you the item is really tiny, not worth the money, super small - you buy it, to verify the statements and then partially regret not listening to the wise old internet.





I have been wanting to try out rms beauty, thanks to brilliant marketing (and scare mongering). The products look beautiful and everyone knows the infamous living luminiser!





So I thought by picking up a little palette that housed many things, I can try out different products! Enter the rms beauty Mod Collection. Swatched here are the top 2 products, master mixer and living luminiser.





Then we have the lip2cheek in smile and lip2cheek in spell. Smile is a coral red whereas spell applies warm nude on my skin.





Finally we have the simply cocoa lip & skin balm, which is yellow in the pan but completely colourless, giving just a healthy sheen when applied.





Here are the products swatched on my arm. The final product (simply cocoa lip & skin balm) is completely undetectable but for a slight sheen. The products all feel quite slippy, probably due to the coconut oil in them. I would hesitate before using these on top of full coverage foundation because it might break down your base layer.





On a day where you are not wearing much makeup, these products can enhance your look beautifully.





Here I have some of the rms lip2cheek in spell applied and not completely blended out on my cheek to show you the colour.





The products are all best applied with fingers.





Here is the rms beauty master mixer on the bridge of my nose.





I was not sure if the rms beauty living luminiser would be too cool-toned for me to pull off.





Surprisingly when blended out it is very wearable and just gives the healthiest sheen on top of cheek bones.





I probably would not wear the rms beauty lip2cheek in spell on my lips as it actually tones down the colour of my lips, making me look a little ill unless I have a lot of makeup on for this nude lip look.





The rms beauty lip2cheek in smile is much brighter. On the cheeks it looks like a natural flush of colour and on the cheeks it really is a very pretty colour. I can already tell I favour this shade, even though I thought I would prefer the other shade in spell.





If you are going for a more muted, no  makeup look, this little rms beauty mod collection can certainly deliver!






Much as I like how I look with the products, I am unable to recommend this product due to the dinky size and high price point. I think you are better off with other products that may require more effort to reach this look than to purchase this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS