Wednesday 26 December 2018

Cult Beauty



I forgot to post about my Cult Beauty haul, until I realised I wanted to talk about the products, but have not done this haul post yet, so here we go!





One of my favourite things about Cult Beauty is that they offer VAT off when you ship out of UK. Adding on to the myriad of discounts and codes offered, plus the inclusion of good samples, I am sold.





The usual amount of samples are 2, unless they are doing some special promotion or that your purchase entitles you to a gift or sample with purchase.





The Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel is quite popular and after trying this out, I must admit I can understand the hype. It is non-stripping, gentle yet effective at cleansing. A really lovely product.





I also decided to try out the Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel but I have not worked up the courage yet. It is meant to be gentle enough for daily use but the extra strength still feels powerful.





I also finally caved and picked up the rms beauty Mod Collection. Now, if you google for reviews of this, everyone talks about how tiny it is.





The internet, is of course, correct. This is tiny for the price of it. It looks well packaged, solid white plastic which is sturdy, but oh so expensive for what it is!





The biggest downfall for me (apart from price) is the lack of mirror. It would have elevated the product so much had there been a mirror. Anyway, you get 5 products in this little hold-all.





The magic luminiser, living luminiser, 2 blush and a lip balm at the bottom. The products apply nicely and are ideal for a no makeup sort of day but I cannot justify repurchasing or even recommending this item to anyone.





I also had a bit of a Pixi splurge. I love the Pixi Glow Tonic so I wanted to try out the other items in the range. I had previously purchased the Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser but cannot for the life of me, find it. This Pixi Best of Bright is an excellent way of trying products and deciding if you like them.





The Pixi Gloow Mud Cleanser can be used daily. I reserve it for night time uses because it feels quite purifying and teethers on being drying. It does cleanses deeply which is very satisfying. The Pixi Glow Tonic is a winner and I usually save the smaller bottles to refill and travel with.





The Pixi Glow Mud Mask is an interesting one. You are recommended to use it 2-3 times a week. I prefer using it after the Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser and you definitely get a zing from the glycolic acid! I probably would not recommend it if you have sensitive skin, but I personally really enjoy the product. Nothing like a good tingle!





I did mention that I went on a Pixi splurge. So I picked up 2 items from the makeup range as well and after much deliberation, I decided on the Chloe Morello collaborations.





The Pixi x Chloe Morello Chloette Palette is a really pretty all in one palette. 





You have 3 blushes on the right and 6 shimmery eyeshadows which double as highlighters and then 3 matte eyeshadows/eyebrow/eyeliner shades. You also get a little silver of mirror to use.





The blushes are not overly pigmented, which make them easy to  use. I personally love mixing and matching as the shades blend beautifully and look like a super pretty flush of colour on the cheeks.





The only shade I tend not to wear on its own would be the middle pink as it leans a little cool. I tend to mix it with the bottom slightly terracota shade.





While the clear packaging means that you can easily see the product, I do think I would prefer a bigger mirror. The little silver is too small for me to see what I am doing properly and if I were using this as an all-in-one palette, I probably would not be bringing anything else which means no mirror for me!





The shimmery eyeshadows swatch beautifully but I would only use the top right (second swatch) or the left shade of the second row (third swatch) as my highlighter. All the other shades would show up too obviously on my cheek. The matte eyeshadows at the bottom need a lot of help if you are using them as eyeshadows but would work as eyebrow colour. The black in particular, would need a wet brush to use as a strong eyeliner, or else it gives beginners a really easy way to intensify without overwhelming.





If you are heavy handed or just prefer your makeup to look quite soft, you would absolutely love the Pixi x Chloe Morello Chloette Palette, perhaps just pack something with a bigger mirror! 





Finally we have the Pixi x Chloe Morello Lip Icing and ever since seeing Chloe use this on her youtube channel, I really wanted to get it. Upon purchasing and receiving it, I am a little sad to see mineral oil in the ingredient list and quite high up! It just feels like a cheap ingredient to include when they could have used a more nourishing oil.





I have actually already blogged about this item and you can read all about it HERE. It looks really pretty worn alone or as a lip topper and when I had worn it to a friend's wedding, people were asking what I had on my lips as it looks so pretty and sparkly!





So that concludes this very Pixi heavy Cult Beauty haul. I hope you enjoyed reading and found the mini reviews helpful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS