Sunday 30 December 2018

iHerb


A final haul before the year ends. Truth be told, this is far from my final haul this year, but it is the last one I will write about before 2018 comes to an end.




Starting off with the biggest bunch of items, my Ecotools haul. My first set of makeup brushes had been from ecotools, and I am happy to tell you that after so many years (probably about 8? I do not actually remember when I bought them), they are still going strong.





The first thing I picked up is the Ecotools Facial Mask Mates and what you get is an applicator mask and 3 pieces of mask removing sponges.

I always used to apply my face mask with my fingers but using an applicator or a brush actually means you get a much more even layer on the face. Sure you may waste some product (but you end up wasting those on your hands too), but I actually think I end up using less product because I am able to spread such a thin layer over my face.





The applicator brush is soft and applies product easily and the sponges need to be used wet. They remove clay masks super well and are easy to wash out as well. These are all winners in my book.





Then we have the Ecotools Total Perfecting Blender which I must admit I cannot remember who spoke about it, and I wanted to try it to compare with the other makeup sponges that I already own.





This actually has many sides rather than the tear drop shaped beauty blender. I personally enjoy the multi sides as it is helpful in blending out different products. The sponge expands when wet and is not stiff.





You actually get a round bottom but two cut out sides. It also makes the other sides look like a triangle and can be used to clean up edges. Overall, I really enjoy this sponge and would definitely repurchase.





Finally we have the Ecotools Dry Brush. Nadine Baggott often talks about the benefits of dry brushing and while there are other brands that do dry brushes like Elemis and Mama Mio, ecotools is an affordable brand which I trust and has not let me down thus far, so I decided to try it out.





The bristles are firm without being scratchy but do not put this on your face. They can feel rough if you brush really hard, but are not so stiff that there is no give at all.





This little cloth helps to give you a bit of hold when you put your hand through it, a bit like wearing it on the back of your hand and then you can dry brush your legs, arms and body before you have a shower. I find that skin looks soft and supple even without moisturiser, so this dry brushing definitely has its perks! I have already tried buying a second one but my friend Putu kindly gifted hers to me.





The main reason for this order was to pick up more Biotin and I actually ordered 3 bottles from Natrol this time. I find that Biotin really helps with my nails being stronger and healthier. They are also growing faster than ever. The effects on my hair is less noticeable unfortunately.





Finally we have the Pixi Rose Caviar Essence which I had tried in the Pixi store in Carnaby Street, London, and really liked the texture of it.





Although branded an essence, I use this after my serum, more like a moisturiser, on days where I fancy something a bit lighter in texture yet moisturising.





The little rose petals which are encapsulated in the gel, actually contain rose oil, which is why the product feels moisturising upon application, despite the lighter gel texture. I enjoy this and actually have it in my travel kit and it is really refreshing on plane rides.

That is all I picked up from iHerb this time round and it will soon be time for me to wish you a Happy New Year! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS