Saturday 5 December 2015

My experience with Real Techniques brushes

I picked up the Real Techniques Limited Edition set quite a while ago and blogged briefly about it HERE but now that I've had a real go at it, I thought I would write up on it. I also thought I would feature the two other Real Techniques brushes that I own and give you a quick run through about how I use them.
Real Techniques Stippling Brush, Real Techniques Setting Brush, Real Techniques Contour Brush, Real Techniques Fan Brush, Real Techniques Shading Brush
Real Techniques : Stippling Brush, Setting Brush, Contour Brush, Fan Brush, Shading Brush




Real Techniques is actually not my favourite drugstore brand as I have a soft spot for EcoTools, I have read somewhere that the two brands are actually owned by the same parent company! I feel that both brands product really good quality brushes but Real Techniques have more of a PR side which Ecotools does not, hence why the soft spot, and that it was my first set of brushes, first ever brushes purchased actually!

However, back to the real deal, the Real Techniques Limited Edition Set.

In my original post, I stated that the setting brush is not my favourite and it is still the same.
Real Techniques Setting Brush & Guerlain Meteorites
Real Techniques Setting Brush
I just hardly use it although I know people who swear by it and own multiples. If I ever fall in love with it, I will be sure to feature it on my blog.
Real Techniques Setting Brush & Guerlain Meteorites
Real Techniques Setting Brush
I do sometimes use it to dust a bit of finishing powder on specific areas but I tend to use a big fluffy powder brush for that!





The one brush that I use almost daily (when I wear make up) is definitely the fan brush!
Soap & Glory Glow All Out Luminising Powder & Real Techniques Fan Brush
Real Techniques Fan Brush
I love how I can just dust on a quick sweep of highlighter and it's just such a precise  application that I love it right on my non-existent cheekbones.
I tend to use this brush loads because I am currently loving a subtle highlight with my blush and rocking the slightly flushed look.





The last brush is the contour brush.
Real Techniques Contour Brush & Jouer Sunset Bronzer
Real Techniques Contour Brush
I like keeping my brushes separate to make sure that the products do not mix together and look muddy on my face. I like how this is slightly angled so that I can use it to slightly contour and bronze. I do not tend to contour or bronze daily so this is not used as often, but I like how the brush is dense so I just need to gently tap the brush into my bronzer and  I can then chisel out my cheekbones, before blending it out with the same brush.





Real Techniques Stippling Brush
Real Techniques Stippling Brush
I read somewhere that only the white part of the brush should be working and if the whole bristles are moving, you are applying too much pressure. I never used to like this brush but after learning that, I've been using this for my foundation and sometimes blush and absolutely loving the finish!



Real Techniques Eyeshadow Brush

Nars And God Created the Woman Eye Palette & Real Techniques Shading Brush
Real Techniques Shading Brush
This is a really good eyeshadow brush to pack colour on. I sometimes even use it to apply concealer under my eyes, but eyeshadow is still the best purpose. It's a good one for packing colour on.

Nars And God Created the Woman Eye Palette & Real Techniques Shading Brush
Real Techniques Shading Brush






If you can get a hold of this set, I would definitely go for it. I personally love using a fan brush for my highlight and would highly recommend it. Do you have a fan brush?
Real Techniques Stippling Brush, Real Techniques Setting Brush, Real Techniques Contour Brush, Real Techniques Fan Brush, Real Techniques Shading Brush
Real Techniques : Stippling Brush, Setting Brush, Contour Brush, Fan Brush, Shading Brush

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS